Southern California Thread

Its $20.

Dont buy any weed for a week, and sell some fucking soda cans and go.

I can afford it, I have like $200 in my bank account right now, I just have no way of getting there.

@Cami, no the public transportation here really sucks ass, and what we do have (the blue and green lines and shit) go through some pretty seedy areas, and I don't feel like doing that after the show, which would be around midnight. I don't want to ride the blue line through Compton at 2 am all by myself just to see Wolves in the Throne Room (who I like a lot, but they're not my favorite band or anything). I rather just watch one of their live performances on youtube and save myself from the potential mugging/death. It would take about an hour from where I live in Long Beach to get all the way to the Hollywood area by car. If I take public trans., it would be like a fucking 4 hour journey each way. Hell, it takes at least 30-40 minutes by bus just to get to downtown LONG BEACH from where I live.

Either you have a car here, or your fucked. Unless they breakup or something (which is doubtful, since they're brothers), I'll probably have a car by the time they tour in LA again (probably like next year or the year after). It's 10X easier to go to shows in Orange County for me, even though I rarely go to any. Too bad the shows not at like, the House of Blues in Anaheim or something. I can just take the bus that goes straight down Katella, and it would be easy as fuck. Hell, too bad nobody tours through Long Beach. The only band I remember wanting to see that came to Long Beach was Vektor, but they were playing at a 21 and over bar. :(

Yeah I saw that! I've already set an alarm to go off on Oct 1 to remind me :lol: so down! You going?

Sleep is playing a show out in Pioneertown, which is by Palm Springs/Joshua Tree area.

Its at one of the coolest bars in the world, Pappy & Harriets. Tickets went on sale at 12, already bought my ticket.

If any of you fuckers wanna go, but need a ride, Ill be passing through the LA/OC area and could swoop you up. Just throwin it out there.

As a side note, having lived in Joshura tree for a year in a half, I can honestly say this will be a magical show. That place is fucking beautiful, and this bar is small is small and intimate. This show will one to remember. Guaranteed.

Gonna go see Meshuggah on their 25 year anniversary tour at the Wiltern tonight. That's about the only type of show I can manage to drag my non-metal-listening friends to, but fuck the haters, meshuggah are ace in my book.

Baroque, August 30th.

Cyanide, Meshuggah is awesome live. Last time I saw em with Intronaut and Animals as Leaders... Ew. But Meshuggah was badass. It was at the Wiltern too. Hopefully you dont have seats like I did...

Who are they playing with now?

Oh snap I was at that same show.

And this time they are with Between the Buried and Me. I've heard of them, but never actually heard them. The name is kind of putting me off already haha.

Ive seen em before too. Not a fan. But, I dont like proggy/mathcore shit. If youre into it, apparently they are good at what they do. Just not my bag.

Fuck yeah though. Wiltern is easily my favorite venue in LA. :kickass:

The Wiltern looks nice (never actual been), but I'm not crazy about all the seats. I like to stand and move around freely during Metal shows.

After looking at some more pictures, it looks like the bottom seats are retractable, depending on the show and whether they want to take them out or no, so that's cool. Having to sit in a seat isn't terrible, just not as fun I think.

Last night at The Echoplex was the first night of the 1st Low End Theory festival. I was only able to catch the last few DJs because I had prior commitments the majority of the day, but holy fuck it was so fucking solid. Nosaj thing, The Gaslamp killer, Invisibl Skratch Piklz and DJ Nobody were all amazing.

Most impressed with The Gaslamp Killer. Been wanting to see him for awhile now, and he didn't disappoint in the least.

Tonight I'm stoked because I'll be able to get there earlier than last night. Tonight it's, Teebs, Daddy Kev, Baths, Gaslamp Killer, and Daedelus. Plus a shit tom of other DJs I know nothing about but will be sick as hell I'm sure.

Uncle acid is doing a us tour pretty fucking stoked on that so I will be seeing them in October here in LA, kinda sucks cause I know all the posers will be out but it'll be badass none the less.
Also kind diamond is playing on Halloween so that will be fun too.

summer slaughter 2014 at the house of blues hollywood on july 19, who's going?! yea there are some deathcore bands but i just need to bang my fucking head