Southern California Thread

This will be my 5th time seeing Armin, and my most anticipated. Trance is my fucking jam. And there is no one better to guide you on a musical trance journey, than Armin. Seeing him at a festival has never been good for me, its been cool cause I can still get into it, but its a EDM fest. They all play the same shit, mostly. What fest did you see him at? Seeing him on a tour is completely different than a festival. And I imagine seeing him do one of his Armin Only shows is even more different.

This is the first time in North America he is doing his Armin Only sets....Which as it implys is just him. He was supposed to do this tour a few years ago, only in LA, but shit came up and he had to cancel the show. So I have no doubt hes gonna make up for it ten fold tonight. No openers or closers, just long sets (5+ hours), and a theatrical performance like no other.

Face. Will. Melt.

oh I'll be off from work but June is going to be a poor month for me. Officiating a wedding in Vegas and staying there for three days

Damn I'd love to go to a black metal festival and it's very reasonably priced. Unfortunately I'll probably be teaching summer school or broke. Haven't heard any of the bands. Anyone noteworthy in the group?

Damn I'd love to go to a black metal festival and it's very reasonably priced. Unfortunately I'll probably be teaching summer school or broke. Haven't heard any of the bands. Anyone noteworthy in the group?

I personally don't recognize any of the bands listed, but then again, I'm not the most well versed person here.

It was a bit misleading saying it was a black metal festival because while there are going to be few black metal acts, there is a more predominant folk, experimental, ritualistic, drone, and ambient influence there. But I was told some big black metal names will be added. Im hoping for fucking WitTR.

In anycase, this fest shares a lot of bands with a fest I went to by Mammoth last year (Blood+Sun, Lux Interna, Will'O Wisp, Novemthree) but the other one had Hail, Ash Borer, Fell Voices on the bill...Fucking solid. I cant remember the others off the top of my head, but it was fucking legit. Small. Imtimiate. And in the fucking forest.

However, Im hoping this one will bring more metal, because its in the Pacific Northwest, some bigger names HAVE to drop in. They havnt announced all the bands yet, so im hoping my friend heard right. Even if not, its going to be fucking badass.

EDIT:

Check out:
Ämsi
Sinew
Lux Interna
Night Profound (like a darkwave Man's Gin)
Taaleg Uksur

Those are the ones Im stoked to see.

Faun Fables put on a fantastic show but are not metal in the slightest... They're more like a folk theatrical group (containing some members of Sleepytime Gorilla Museum)

I need to get a god damn mother fucking car (and license (I still haven't fucking done that yet)). I always miss shows because I never know if I'll have a ride, and by the time I know I can get a ride from somebody, the tickets are always sold out. Fuck this shit.

I wanna go see WITTR when they come to town, but fuck, I don't know if I can make it. Maybe I can convince my brother to take me, but he's not really a BM fan. Fuck IDK.

Thanks for the heads up dude! Buying my ticket right now. I am 1000000% there.

I missed their last tour they did with Earth @ The Echoplex. Still kicking myself in the ass that I didnt go...