Southern California Thread

Yeah I don't know where you are in SoCal or whatever, but I could recommend some good places depending. I think I may have been to Stan's, I have family that lives out in Yuma. It was like 20 years ago though and we ate a lot of mexican food so I can't remember what it was like.

I moved away from Yuma in 2012 (was there while stationed there/the wife was finishing out her time). Miss a lot of things about the Southwest, but not the 110+ temps haha. Actually lived about two blocks away from Stans 2008-2009 (pretty much my first year on this forum).

Any of you SoCal people into classical music also? I'm likely going to the LA Phil this weekend.

I've walked past the building when I went on a weekend rumble in LA in 2005 (goddamn over a decade ago, gettin fuckin old), pretty cool place.

Any of you SoCal people into classical music also? I'm likely going to the LA Phil this weekend.

My uncle (who's like 78 and gay, but sadly is in an old-folks home because of his poor health (Parkinson or ALS I think?)) had season tickets to the LA Phil for like, decades. That's like all I know about him, other than he taught at UCLA.

Upcoming shows:

Nov. 18 Havok with Black Breath and Witchaven at the Whisky

Nov. 20 Yob at The Echo

Jan. 9 Municipal Waste and Ghoul at The Regent Theater

Feb. 3 Enforcer, Warbringer and Exmortus at the Whisky

Feb. 11 Black Sabbath at The Forum

Feb. 12 Slayer and Anthrax at the Palladium

Definitely going to YOB this Friday too. Baroque if you wanna meet up at some point let me know!

Maybe that would give Unknown more of a incentive to go too. (Good grabbin beers on Saturday, btw!)

Also, going to Corrosion of Conformity and Mothership tonight at the Terragram Ballroom.

Been dying to go to a show for weeks, but BandsInTown is recommending shit. Anyone know anything good for this month?

Farmer Boys is pretty good. They have a bunch of them out here in the SGV.

If any of you guys are in the Pasadena area, Connals is a must. There's also a spot here called the Dog Haus that dishes out some delicious burgers and dogs.

^thanks for the recs. love hole in the wall burger joints and shit.

do any of you guys ever eat at The Hat? I like that place. There's like 5 of them iirc.

MVPs makes the kinds of burgers where you need a shower afterwards

Good pastrami is a tough find. You usually have to go to west LA and hit up dinner Jew delis to find good pastrami. Mmm pastrami on rye