Southern California Thread

who's going to see Nile in february? they have shows at the Whiskey and the Grove

Jan. 21 Yngwie Malmsteen at the Observatory

Jan. 30 Hirax, Madrost, Tormenter at Di Piazzas

Feb. 3 Enforcer, Warbringer and Exmortus at the Whisky

Feb. 11 Black Sabbath at The Forum

Feb. 12 Slayer and Anthrax at the Palladium

Feb. 28 Megadeth, Havok, Suicidal Tendencies at the Palladium

Mar. 8 Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, Abysmal Dawn at the Mayan

Mar. 28 Abbath, High on Fire, Skeletonwitch at the Regent

If you ever wanna grab a beer, Cody, you know who to call

On a different note, just booked two nights in Joshua Tree for Mar 31st/April 1st. FUKK YEA

Reactions: KafkaX
If you ever wanna grab a beer, Cody, you know who to call

On a different note, just booked two nights in Joshua Tree for Mar 31st/April 1st. FUKK YEA

I was just at Joshua Tree today actually. What brings you out there?

Couple pics I took today
9MOANXm.jpg

aaVSutk.jpg

Rent. The missus and I have a good apartment in a good part of Long Beach, and our rent is way below average. The housing market out here is absolutely stupid. However, if you're working for Tesla, you'll be making quite a bit more than she and I, so you might not have an issue. The trick is to find the next gentrified area before it hits. Ten years ago, Silver Lake, Echo Park, and Long Beach were all shit holes. Now, it's where all the hipsters live (to be fair, all three of those parts do have very shitty areas still). Highland Park was a very old-school traditional Hispanic area that's now being gentrified. Even parts of East LA like Boyle Heights and Whittier are going through it

You'll also want to think about private schools or charter schools (obviously this is down the line) but LAUSD sucks. I'd be curious to hear crimsonfloyd's opinion on the matter.

Here is a judgmental map of Long Beach and one of LA

tumblr_ngfa50JlIY1s4df8ko1_1280.png

tumblr_n1vpxt8MM81s4df8ko1_1280.jpg

Reactions: Dak and Baroque