Southern California Thread

Any of you go see Havok last night at the Whisky? Havok was badass live. (can't say the same for the opening bands, but whatever).

I might go tonight in Santa Ana too.

Ill be at Agalloch as well.

Where is Godspeed playing Thursday? I was going to try and make their show Saturday in Pomona, but I dont think I can swing it. If its at a decent venue, I might make it out.

Just checked my bank account and I really shouldnt spend the money for Godspeed...Fucking sucks because The Music Box is a cool venue and I dont know how often they come around, but it seems like its not too often...:erk:

I'll be at Agalloch! Also some other upcoming shows in the Los Angeles area are...
9/22 Windhand (I'll be there) its in Glendale I believe
9/28 & 9/29 Carcass... I will be at the show on the 29th, I think the 28th is sold out....
10/3 Alcest- I'll be there :)
10/6 Orange Goblin- not 100% sure yet, but I wanna be there.
10/26 Watain at The Vex... pretty sure I will be there...
11/23 CHURCH OF MISERY I will be there <3

Anyone else going to any of these!?

Anyone going to Iron Maiden/Megadeth/ etc tomorrow? I'm still undecided. Seen all of those bands except Overkill and I'm not sure it's worth the money.

I would of considered it if I hadn't already spent a fortune on concerts/festivals in the past five months. Iron Maiden put on a great show and I'd like to see Megadeth live one of these days. But it's expensive and kinda far.

I would of considered it if I hadn't already spent a fortune on concerts/festivals in the past five months. Iron Maiden put on a great show and I'd like to see Megadeth live one of these days. But it's expensive and kinda far.

Yeah. Only tickets left are Lawn at $40 or Pit at $122. The lawn at this venue is so far you won't see anything so the only viable option is Pit. That's pretty expensive. Also I dunno if I want to stand in the Pit for 6+ hours. It'd be fine if it was a 3 hour concert. But it'd be nice to have a seat for a long hot day outside. And then there's $5 water bottles..

I may just stick to my underground thrash shows. I'd rather go see Havok and Vektor than Megadeth and Iron Maiden to be honest.

I said fuck it and went anyway. Seems I do that a lot. It was a decent show. Anthrax and Warbringer were the best by far, Overkill and Testament were pretty good.

Megadeth played the same show I saw them play months ago, only shorter and less energetically...

Iron Maiden and power metal in general sucks in my opinion. SO bad.

Anyone else go?

Iron Maiden isn't power metal...

What would you call them? Catchy choruses. Lots of theatrics. Showy vocalizing. They are easily power metal. Better than most power metal bands. But still very cheesy at moments. I didn't enjoy their show outside of the Trooper and some of 666. And even then. I didn't appreciate him waving a British flag in my face at all.

Maybe half power half regular heavy metal. Definitely some power metal in there though.

Don't really consider Maiden power metal. Just traditional heavy metal, but obviously they influenced the genre of power metal. Either way, they're fucking awesome live. One of the best arena concerts I've ever seen.

Meh. Some fire, painted backgrounds, and a puppet does not a good show make. I'll take solid music over the costume changes and dancing with a microphone stand any day. Anthrax put on a far better show. All they had was two banners, one with Dio's face and the other with Dimebag's. But they just put energy and enthusiasm in their music. They got the crowd going without being cheesy about it. There wasn't even a pit for Maiden.