Southern California Thread

Probably not worth debating as it's a matter of taste. I think they have great stage presence and know how to put on a captivating show even for the people in the back of the stadium. But if you don't like their music to begin with, that's a moot point.

There's a lot of bars in that area up on Sunset and there's a bar inThe Echoplex. I can't really drink tonight (just got over the flu) but I'm down to meet up at the show. The bar is a easy meeting spot. Who all is going?

Me and my buddy. For those who want a pre-show beer, we're gonna hang out at El Prado (hipster craft beer bar). Otherwise I'm down to meet people at the bar inside Echoplex. UM SoCal assemble!

I'll be wearing a Primordial shirt:

318586_812874231667_7233592_n.jpg

come say hi!

Dude, what time you gonna be at the bar? I'd be down to meet up there. I'm sure my friend nicole would be too.

If I don't meet up, I'll be wearing a patch jacket and I have dreads and a beard. I'll be on the lookout, definitely down to meet some more of you fuckers!

cheers to Kafka, voile and crimsonfloyd! It was great meeting you the other night at the agalloch concert. What'd you guys think?

Good times, Mike cheers. Always a pleasure to meet more fellow UM'ers.

It was a stand up show, honestly. Both openers killed my high and nearly put me to sleep, but Agalloch made up for it as expected.

Highlights of the set for me were Limbs and Into The Painted Grey.

yeah they definitely played a more aggressive set than the previous times I've seen them. I was hoping they would do Not Unlike the Waves

Cheers! Great meeting you all in person.

Great show from Agalloch, as usual. Really like the way Hallway of Enchanted Ebony sounds live and Into the Painted Grey. Love the white noise at the end of the set as well. The only thing that kills me is that they play so little from the Mantle live. Maybe because of all the acoustic passages?

Enslaved is playing in February. I'll definitely be going to that.

^I have to think at least half of Megadeth's set is pre-Countdown stuff. Dave likes money, and people like '80s Megadeth...

That Kreator show seems intriguing. I'm thinking about going if they still have the cheap tickets available.