Southern California Thread

Giraffage is playing on the 17th at King King.

This sounds tempting.

Also, Com Truise is coming back! Playing at the Echoplex on Feb 28th. I did the rookie mistake of going late to his last show and met the feared Echoplex line. The one that eventually leaves because they hit capacity 2 hours ago. This time I'll go early as fuck.

for those of you who attended the Agalloch show, Helen Money is coming to town 4/30 at the Troubadour with Mono. I might go to that show. She was freaking cool

Really? Man, she bored the fuck outta me.

She opened for the Neurosis/YOB show I just went to a few weeks ago. Needless to say, I tried giving her another shot, but couldnt even finish one song before I went to the patio until she was done.

Inquisition is coming to town.

04/05/2014 at the House of Blues.

Full line-up:

Behemoth
Inquisition
Black Crown Initiate

Yeah I got an email about that shit today, too.

Im thinking of going. Ive always wanted to see 1349 live to see if they live up to the hype and/or actually do something for me, and to see Behemoth for old time sakes. Not a band I listen to often anymore, but one I used jam a lot to.

Then you got Inquisition...Do I need to say anymore? Such a monstrous, dense atmosphere live.

THE NEWEST INCARNATION OF SLEEPYTIME GORILLA MUSEUM IS COMING TO THE ECHO ON MARCH 2ND. EXCUSE ME WHILE I WIPE MY JIZZ OFF THE WALLS

...sorry

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum was a rock-in-opposition band from Oakland (imagine if the blue man group did acid and listened to heavy metal). They would tour every year and play at the Troubadour. They split a couple of years ago and a few of the members have now formed a new project called Free Salamander Exhibit. They were one of my favorite bands and always put on an amazing show. I'm beyond stoked. See my post above about liking weird shit. This is probably their most popular song:

Last edited by a moderator:
So Das Bunker, a club I have frequented for the past 10 almost 11 years, is coming to an end tomorrow night.

If youre down with hot cybergoths dancing to Industrial/Harsh EDM, come check it out.

Jael you know about Bunker, I hope to see you there!