Spastic Ink lyrics?

Mt 5:16 said:
I'd love to hear Ink Complete with Ink Compatible production.
Hehe, I'd love to hear Ink Compatible without vocals! (Sorry Ron.) How much for a personal vocal-free mix? (Half-jokingly. That's right, HALF!)

I'm not particularly bothered by the presence of vocals on Compatible, it's just that vocals aren't really my favorite "instrument", much in the same way some people don't like keyboards, piano, banjo, fiddle or horns.

At least no one's saying "I'd like to hear that without the bass"!! That would be a real problem.

Alex, I never asked for a free cd and I never got one so settle down bud. Listening to this music at this age comes with a lot of advantages like getting to expand my vocabulary, heh, stuff like that. But as soon as you say the word metal everyone assumes its about killing people and everyone dieing. A lot of kids in school think I'm a dick because I think there are a lot of bands that have next to no talent, but thats what the kids want because everyone around my age has ADD and can't listen to a song longer than 4 minutes. Its the best. And I wasn't aware you actually wanted to see my report card =P. Oh well.

Alex, I never asked for a free cd and I never got one so settle down bud. Listening to this music at this age comes with a lot of advantages like getting to expand my vocabulary, heh, stuff like that. But as soon as you say the word metal everyone assumes its about killing people and everyone dieing. A lot of kids in school think I'm a dick because I think there are a lot of bands that have next to no talent, but thats what the kids want because everyone around my age has ADD and can't listen to a song longer than 4 minutes. Its the best. And I wasn't aware you actually wanted to see my report card =P. Oh well.

This is really interesting. I don't think I've ever seen this many people who are not big fans of vocals. I love music with vocals, as well as instrumental music. Hearing people like Devin Townsend, Garm, and Daniel Gildenlow sing can be one of the most rewarding experiences of listening to music for me.

Just from reading about Spastic Ink, and seeing it was a "guitar" project, I kind of assumed it was instrumental.

Hopefully 'Ink Compatible' will get here in the mail Monday, along with my other The End purchases. Yay!

I'm also 16 years old and I refuse to listen to the crap rap/nu metal stuff. I have Ink Compatible, got it from Ron (thanks a lot), great cd! :Spin:

I'm a bit shocked at the people who don't like vocals in general. I can see why you don't like the vocals by the Spastic Ink vocalist........for certain reasons. But vocals can be an amazing instrument when they're used as an instrument. As with other instruments, in a lot of music they're just taken for granted and not used to their full potential. But people like Daniel Gildenlow (sings on "Melissa's Friend), Devin Townsend, Garm, Mike Patton, etc. really use their vocals like an instrument besides having amazing and unique voices.

And I've had my orders for a while now, 'Ink Compatible' is excellent!

Edit: I really feel sorry for you if you haven't heard things by the four people I mentioned. They all make such beautiful music.

Oh, for sure, Mike Patton does. He's quite something. Gildenlöw used to, but now he's full of himself and has lost it completely and has gone all-out Broadway. The other two I won't even comment on. But that's me!

Vocals or no vocals, Spastic Ink is still Spastic Ink.

If Ron wasn't in the band... that's a different story...

Taedium Vitae said:
Oh, for sure, Mike Patton does. He's quite something. Gildenlöw used to, but now he's full of himself and has lost it completely and has gone all-out Broadway. The other two I won't even comment on. But that's me!

You mean you haven't heard Garm and Devin Townsend, or you just don't like them?

Taedium Vitae said:
The latter, dear sir!

jawdrop.gif

I am really not a fan of clean vocals with heavy music. Having heard Ron's comments on the growls and screams of extreme metal bands that option is out of the question. So i'm voting for the next Spastic Ink album to be vocal free.

I think you can adapt vocals to fit lots of music, whether it's heavy or not. Devin Townsend, Garm, Daniel Gildenlow's, Matt Barlow's voices all fit in with the heavy music they do.

ronjarz said:
He'd be my first choice (if there was a vocalist) for the project with Webster and Adler, but both guys would prefer all instrumental. I wouldn't mind if the CD was all instrumental, all songs with vocals, or mostly instrumental with just a few vocal tracks. We're planning on having a very concept minded release, but no vocals/lyrics. However, if Dev were to be interested, I'd have a talk with Alex and Chris and see if I could push for a few vocal tracks. But right now, we're all on the same page, and that's with no vocals at all.

I think with the release of the first Spastic Ink CD and "Solitarily Speaking..." and "PHHHP!" I've pretty much got an instrumental tag happening, and I don't mind it at all. For some wacky reason, "Ink Compatible" made #2 on the PM board for best 2004 instrumental, even with 6 vocal tracks! I don't get it, but it just seems that unless I'm doing a CD with WatchTower, I'm viewed as an instrumental artist. And again, that's OK with me...

Ron

i dont think lyrics would be a bad thing i dont see anything wrong with them and by the way multi masking is insane i cant figure out how you play something like that than again ive only been playing two years