Speaking of welfare...

Originally posted by Triste

1) You didn't have to cash the check.

2) If you want to reread your previous posts, you will see that I am not starting an argument, I was just replying to what you wrote.

1) I truly wonder how many people WON'T cash a $650.00 check legally in their name, and told it was yours by the issuer.

2) Telling someone "So I take it you are one of the people who abuses the system" is not answering anything. It is a direct character insult based on nothing.

Please, see it for what it is and let's end it there.

Originally posted by Jannet

1) I truly wonder how many people WON'T cash a $650.00 check legally in their name, and told it was yours by the issuer.

2) Telling someone "So I take it you are one of the people who abuses the system" is not answering anything. It is a direct character insult based on nothing.

Please, see it for what it is and let's end it there.

*groan* I'm not insulting you....I'm just basing my responses on what you wrote. If you actually read what you wrote then maybe you won't be so quick to think that people are attacking you. Jeez, don't be so defensive.
If you post in a forum, you will encounter people who question what you write. That is no reason to think that people are attacking you. Everyone has an opinion.

*groan* I'm not insulting you....I'm just basing my responses on what you wrote. If you actually read what you wrote then maybe you won't be so quick to think that people are attacking you. Jeez, don't be so defensive.

What you wrote hardly follows from what Jannet wrote.

How do you get:

"So I take it you are one of the people who abuses the system seeing as you spent $650 on nonschool-related goods"

from this:

"I'm not getting into a debate, but speaking as someone who was on welfare, I did not abuse the system, and it helped me when I needed that help.

There are people who abuse the system, and there are people who don't...There will never be a perfect solution to this social problem, and there will always be abusers of the system, but don't forget that there are people who truly put the system to work for them in a positive way..."??

Yours is a classic case of "non-sequitir" reasoning. I'd be defensive too.

Addendum: I've just read Jannet's other post on her left-over grant money (650) and the cds.

She does write in the post you quoted: "I think there should be more control over the leftover [grant] money: if the student used the amount of money they needed for that particular term, and since you have to apply for aid every single term (the money does not roll over), send the difference back to the school grant money pool!"

And, regardless, if you had 650 dollars left over and didn't need it for tuition, why in the hell would you give it back? It's an empty criticism considering..

Oooooh...those sound like fighting words...talkin pretty tough to a NewYorican...you know I'll turn Puerto Rican on you (and you know how those NY PR's are!) :lol: :lol:

OK....In my OPINION....What I read seemed kind of hypocritical because Jannett clearly stated that while she didn't need the money for school since the money was received after her term was over, she spent the money anyway. Then she stated that she doesn't abuse the system and that leftover money should go back into the school grant pool. So, all I'm saying is that, in my OPINION, it does seem like abuse of the system since she did use the money that she didn't need instead of being the good samaritan and not cashing the check to ensure that other people who needed the money got it.
That is just my opinion and how I interpreted what she wrote. I'm not trying to attack anyone or slander them. I guess next time I post something on a public forum I should make sure that it is non-offensive to all parties.

misanthrope, you need to get your head out of your ass. how can you beleive any of those things you just said. yea sure SOME people are selfish, but the ones godisanathiest mentioned, are not.

I wonder if Misanthrope sees a thread and then thinks "How can I best turn this around to point out how useless humankind is in general?"

Too late, wolff already discovered my thread killing plan. But you come in a nice second place

And since this thread is dead ( i hope ) i will answer you about this selfless acts thing mm...never because you are too stupid to get my point of you dont get it by now, you dont have to agree with my point but if you can even see it i wonder who is the one with his head on his ass.

OK....In my OPINION....What I read seemed kind of hypocritical because Jannett clearly stated that while she didn't need the money for school since the money was received after her term was over, she spent the money anyway. Then she stated that she doesn't abuse the system and that leftover money should go back into the school grant pool. So, all I'm saying is that, in my OPINION, it does seem like abuse of the system since she did use the money that she didn't need instead of being the good samaritan and not cashing the check to ensure that other people who needed the money got it.
That is just my opinion and how I interpreted what she wrote. I'm not trying to attack anyone or slander them. I guess next time I post something on a public forum I should make sure that it is non-offensive to all parties.

Hmmm... Would YOU cash it?

I know I sure as hell would! Am I an abuser of the system... Hell no! Could I use $650 right now? Hell YEAH! Anybody willing to give me money will NOT be turned down! LOL!

This isn't really my argument, but I was just curious because you didn't seem to clear up if you FELT that she was an abuser of the system or if you were simply ASKING something to the effect of, "If you cashed the check, DOES that make you an abuser of the system?" If you answer my question: "Would YOU cash it?", I'll have my answer to both questions...

Did ANY of that make sense? *scratches head*

EDIT: YourFuneral - LOL! Forgot my name... (No I'm not new to forums... Just this one...)

Originally posted by Misanthrope
...never because you are too stupid to get my point of you dont get it by now, you dont have to agree with my point but if you can even see it i wonder who is the one with his head on his ass.

If it will make you feel better to think I'm stupid, feel free, I'm not bothered. However I feel its moer that you can't think of a decent reason why what I say is not true...

I can see your point, I just think its completely image orientated and wrong, and you can't back it up in any way without trying to insult people...

:D