Spiral Architect - A Sceptics Universe

Spiral Architect sounds like trying to put a square block into a circular hole.

===

The first song I heard from the band was Insect, and at first, I was like "Wow, these guys are just off their bird." but then, I started to listen to it more and more, and I realized that they just didn't fit together at all. The instruments don't fit together at all, the transitions are abrupt, their song structuring is horrid, and it just sounds like they're trying way too hard to be good.

I dig Spiral Architect..and I'll never forget when they played PPUSA2 & half the crowd sat there with their jaws on the floor..:lol:

Speaking of fucked up, you should have seen Oyvind (sp?)at one of the hotel parties. I have video. It's hilarious.......Rick from Steel Prophet wins, hands down for over all lunacy at that get together......

Spiral Architect sounds like trying to put a square block into a circular hole.

You said that exact statement last time we had a discussion about Spiral Architect... :p

I dig Spiral Architect..and I'll never forget when they played PPUSA2 & half the crowd sat there with their jaws on the floor..:lol:

Words cannot describe how much I would love to see that band play live...

Seeing them live would be totally different. I'd probably fap. But listening to them with no visual?

maybe i should try dropping some acid first... i bet that'd fuck you up :lol:
Spiral Architect + Acid = Trying to fit a square block into your pooper.

I think it is a relevant comment, though I think that IMO, they have somehow managed to actually make that square block into the circular hole... Not sure how, but I think that what they do, they've made it work.
I dunno, it just sounds like they're all trying to say "LOOK AT ME!!!" with their parts.

listening to music on acid is great...i haven't done it in over 10 years...but Passion and Warfare,tripping, with a strobe light was probably the most profound music listening experience i have ever had...and it wasn't like i hadn't heard the album 1000 times already.

Nup, Spiral Architect actually construct technical, fusion-metal songs, which require a great deal of thought and comprehension, as opposed to Meshuggah who specialize in assisting one to bash their head into a wall in irregular rhythmic patterns...

Nup, Spiral Architect actually construct technical, fusion-metal songs, which require a great deal of thought and comprehension, as opposed to Meshuggah who specialize in assisting one to bash their head into a wall in irregular rhythmic patterns...

LOL.... WRONG!

I mean, meshuggah sucks, but a gread deal of thought and comprehension? Honestly, anyone who finds listening to music challenging is retarded.