SPITZ OR CAGGIANNO?

Thrillho said:
Randy actually had been planning to leave, says Bob Daisley. He talked to Sharon and Ozzy about doing a solo thing and they waved the contract in his face.
I didn't know that. Do you think Ozzy's problem with Daisley stems from him telling people this?

MikeyBong said:
I didn't know that. Do you think Ozzy's problem with Daisley stems from him telling people this?

Did Daisley make this known at the time, or is this a recent revelation?

I think the problem is people in Ozzy's camp (Saron) being assholes. (Maybe Ozzy is an asshole, but nobody really believes he understands complex issues.) Look at No More Tears and which bass player do you see pictured? Mike Inez. Who played bass? Bob Daisley. Look at No Rest for the Wicked and which bass player do you see pictured? Geezer Butler. Who played bass? Bob f'n Daisley. I don't know how anyone could be so fucking ungrateful to such an extreme. Bob carried Ozzy's ass to some great songs. Everyone knows Ozzy isn't a songwriter; he just has a knack for finding talented musicians with whom to work.

jdelpi said:
Look at No More Tears and which bass player do you see pictured? Mike Inez. Who played bass? Bob Daisley. Look at No Rest for the Wicked and which bass player do you see pictured? Geezer Butler. Who played bass? Bob f'n Daisley. I don't know how anyone could be so fucking ungrateful to such an extreme. Bob carried Ozzy's ass to some great songs.
And for Ozzy to remaster and re-release the old albums with a different bass player and drummer is totally wrong. God forbid he has to pay Daisley and Aldridge what he owes them in royalties.
At least I still have the remastered versions from a few years ago(which sound great, by the way).
I've been an Ozzy fan as long as I can remember, and while I still love the music, I have a much lower opinion of the man himself these days! I understand that his wife is leading him by the dick, but come on, he knows the difference between right and wrong!

MikeyBong said:
And for Ozzy to remaster and re-release the old albums with a different bass player and drummer is totally wrong. God forbid he has to pay Daisley and Aldridge what he owes them in royalties.
At least I still have the remastered versions from a few years ago(which sound great, by the way).
I've been an Ozzy fan as long as I can remember, and while I still love the music, I have a much lower opinion of the man himself these days! I understand that his wife is leading him by the dick, but come on, he knows the difference between right and wrong!

Agreed completely.

Daisley made a lot of comments a few years back about Ozzy and Sharon that I doubt they wanted people to hear. I believe maybe even he was writing a book about his time with them and Randy?! Daisley and Randy were pretty tight I think. And even though Daisley did not do all the tours, I think that He and Randy talked enough to give him an idea of how much Randy wanted out. Randy was capable of so much more, especially after having made a name for himself with Ozzy. He wanted to continue studying classical guitar, he wanted to do a solo record. What a shame.

Sorry to jump off topic!

Thrillho said:
Daisley made a lot of comments a few years back about Ozzy and Sharon that I doubt they wanted people to hear. I believe maybe even he was writing a book about his time with them and Randy?! Daisley and Randy were pretty tight I think. And even though Daisley did not do all the tours, I think that He and Randy talked enough to give him an idea of how much Randy wanted out. Randy was capable of so much more, especially after having made a name for himself with Ozzy. He wanted to continue studying classical guitar, he wanted to do a solo record. What a shame.

Sorry to jump off topic!
What a shame he is only really known for the Ozzy stuff(most of which I don't like) and at one time being in Quiet Riot.

This is probably old news but I just found out Rob produced the new Cradle of Filth. Not my favorite band but last week's Entertainment Weekly (Borat cover) gives a shout out to him!

74100-grandpa-simpson.gif