SPITZ OR CAGGIANNO?

Spitz, Caggiano is a good player, producer and probably a nice guy, but for ANTHRAX he was just a very shotlived replacement. Spitz just has that trademark sound/phrasing that fits ANTHRAX best

646021193_m.jpg
:headbang::kickass::headbang::kickass::headbang::kickass:

Julio indeed. Greatest Latina Metal singer in history. He would kick King Diamonds ass and makes Deicide look like a Christian band he is that HARDCORE.

Listened to SOWN on the train this morning. Spitz best work by a mile.

Amazing solo's in that album. Rob is great but he was only on 1 album - heck Paul Crook did more.

No comparison for me. Danny with all his little eccentric bits for sure.

Im a Joey fan for sure, but they should have kept ROB for this "REUNION" Tour..

But then again, this is the "Reunion" Tour right?

aliasp said:
Julio indeed. Greatest Latina Metal singer in history. He would kick King Diamonds ass and makes Deicide look like a Christian band he is that HARDCORE.

Listened to SOWN on the train this morning. Spitz best work by a mile.

Amazing solo's in that album. Rob is great but he was only on 1 album - heck Paul Crook did more.

No comparison for me. Danny with all his little eccentric bits for sure.

seriously? I think he sucks ass on that album, the solo's sound totally outta place, I think POT is his best album solowise.

spacebeer said:
seriously? I think he sucks ass on that album, the solo's sound totally outta place, I think POT is his best album solowise.

POT is my favourite Thrax album full stop but I just love the production, energy and tone on SOWN. Its a very fuzzy Alice in Chains kinda feel. Very very different to the crispness that is POT.

Robs WCFYA solos were far superior ( in terms of musicality and general construction )to those that Spitz did back in the day.
But he can't play Spitz's original solos properly either, so I guess they each stand out for different reasons.
Has CB always written the solos ? Maybe his progression over the years has something to do with it too.
I'm sure Danny will piss all over Rob in any future album. He has to or Tommy Thayer will pick up the gig :D

aliasp said:
POT is my favourite Thrax album full stop but I just love the production, energy and tone on SOWN. Its a very fuzzy Alice in Chains kinda feel. Very very different to the crispness that is POT.

All true, the production is great on that one as it is on POT but in a different way. I just don't think the leads are that great on SOWN.