SPITZ OR CAGGIANNO?

for live stage acting i thing CAGGIANNO is better to wahtch than danny spitz but i respected spitz amazing solos and his good guitarr vibes for song creations. i like to hear danny spitz to play some latest anthrax songs, wich kind of inspitaions danny can push the song?

i want to hear danny

but CAGGIANNO is a very good jung talent in rock, i think. its difficult question

I like both, but I've heard more Spitz material, so I have to give him the edge.

Everyone always assumes that Rob can't play Dan's solos. He has said before, as I think most of you surely know, that he never plays the same solo twice. He likes to mix things up and improv a little. I saw Rob more then a few times, and I think he meant it when he said that. The man mixes things up a lot - keeps things interesting. Most importantly he STILL stays in key and has a flavor about his playing. Spitz is an awesome player - Not bashing his playing - but I think Rob is better, technicaly speaking. He has a much broader palet, and to me, that is an important quality for a guitar player to have. AND it did not influence my decision all the way, but, Spitz's performance on Alive 2 was very sub-par. I don't hold it against him too much because he was still new to his reunion with his instrument and the band at that point - but I really wish the band had waited untill they were tight to film that. The other reunion show I saw blew Alive 2 out of the water.

two different guys, styles... each magnificent in its own way. For progression I gotta say go with Rob....

quite a good discussion so far. For me dan all the way only cos he has played on far more records than rob. i have no doubt rob kicks ass but for thrax we need dan. Yes dan might be quite passive when live but for the last two gigs ive seen thrax ivebeen in front of dan and ive had a blast. He rules in his own way. I mean we are lucky cos in terms of jumping around scott and frank are the best. show me a rythm section more active than them and ik buy thee a pint!!!

It's ashame Dime already had a band! He was, imo, the best person to ever fit a lead over an Anthrax riff.

Dime belonged in a one guitar band though, he never could have shared that seat on a long term basis I don't think. Hahahaha, the first couple times I heard Pantera I just assumed there was 2 guitar players. I never could have guessed all that noise was coming out of one guy. Dime was one of two people to mess me up like that the first time I heard them. The other was Randy.

Jockthrax said:
Randy like Screech?:lol:

Finally someone who understands.

NO! This randy!
randy.jpg

It's funny how Ozzy still talk about Randy....'cause if he didn't die. Ozzy woulda' dis'd Randy 20 years ago.

DumbAss said:
It's funny how Ozzy still talk about Randy....'cause if he didn't die. Ozzy woulda' dis'd Randy 20 years ago.
I've thought the same thing myself for years. I have a hard time believing Ozzy would have kept RR in the band for more than another 4 or 5 tears tops. Then again, if RR hadn't died, maybe Ozzy would have kept the whole band together and wouldn't re-record the bass and drum tracks on his early solo albums.(LAME!)

I think RR would have lasted a few years, if for no other reason than Sharon could have kept on banging him behind Ozzys back

Randy actually had been planning to leave, says Bob Daisley. He talked to Sharon and Ozzy about doing a solo thing and they waved the contract in his face.

metalbloodtoejam said:
Haven't heard Caggiano...
You must've been doing 5-6 yrs in the solitary, if you haven't heard him play. But it ain't matter, you didn't miss much - just the best Anthrax album ever with a musician who, as Scott Ian says (I hope you heard about Scott), was the best guitar player he ever played with.