Sprigfield VA @ Jaxx - who's going?

Fenrisúlfr

ὁ δύσκος λύκος
May 14, 2008
США
I've never been to Jaxx before; anyone want to meet somewhere before the show on 21 Oct?

Also, anyone passing near here? As I've been advised that there is crazy traffic in DC (as well as near DC), and have only been driving for about a month (and not all that great either), I would be willing to pay for a sizeable amount of your gas for my leg of the journey. The primary route from points south and east is I-81, so a meet in Roanoke could work too.

I will keep you posted on changes, for I am in Iraq right now, but I'm going to try to go to the show @ Jaxx.
I should be getting back from this deployment by mid September, and I should still be on leave by the 21st. I'd be coming up from Fayetteville, NC, so if i can go, stopping in Roanoke to pick you up wouldn't be too far out of the way. Heck, I might even be able to make it to Bluefield.
As a bonus, I'm from northern VA originally, and I've been to a bunch of shows at Jaxx, so I'm used to the traffic, and I know exactly where it is. :D

So, if I can make it to the show, I will give you a ride.

Thanks for the consideration; I could not ask you to go further out of your way than Roanoke since it's about 2hr from there to Bluefield.

Is the traffic that crazy though, or does it just take some getting used to?

It's not that the traffic is that crazy, it's mostly just because there's too many cars on the road, and most of the drivers are either inconsiderate pricks (i.e. not giving you any space to get over or speeding up to keep you from changing lanes) or they just plain don't know how to drive. Basically, it's about the same as any of the larger cities. Traffic sucks everywhere, DC just has it's little quirks.

Luckily, Springfield isn't DC, although it is nearby. Once you get away from the 95/395/495 clusterfuck, the traffic is back to normal.

It's not that the traffic is that crazy, it's mostly just because there's too many cars on the road, and most of the drivers are either inconsiderate pricks (i.e. not giving you any space to get over or speeding up to keep you from changing lanes) or they just plain don't know how to drive. Basically, it's about the same as any of the larger cities. Traffic sucks everywhere, DC just has it's little quirks.

Luckily, Springfield isn't DC, although it is nearby. Once you get away from the 95/395/495 clusterfuck, the traffic is back to normal.

I hate that interchange and I hate driving within a 50mile radius of DC!
I want to go to this show :(

I hate that interchange and I hate driving within a 50mile radius of DC!
I want to go to this show :(

Then buy a ticket and meet me in fayetteville, goob. We'll drive up and pick up Fenris on the way.
It's looking like i will be able to go, unless something with block leave gets screwed up. :D

Do it now, wench!

eh the route I go to the Jaxx doesnt really have bad traffic at all.

Then buy a ticket and meet me in fayetteville, goob. We'll drive up and pick up Fenris on the way.
It's looking like i will be able to go, unless something with block leave gets screwed up. :D

Do it now, wench!

So freaking tempting man!
I don't know yet give me a few days to think about it. I am trying to save money for Germany :p
But fuck it would be awesome to see AA here in the states and see your dust covered ass!
:headbang::kickass:

This will be the second one I take him to. I have also taken him to Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. I tried to take him to King Diamond last year as well but he canceled. We are also going to Motorhead later this month.

This is the official "dammit" post. As I feared, my unit has screwed me out of going to this show. I can't get leave to go up to VA, so I guess I'll just have to watch and see how the show was from the postings of the people that went.

Arg. :mad:

This is the official "dammit" post. As I feared, my unit has screwed me out of going to this show. I can't get leave to go up to VA, so I guess I'll just have to watch and see how the show was from the postings of the people that went.

Arg. :mad:

oh goodie

If that is the case, I can still drive myself; I'll be passing through Wytheville if you want to rendezvous there to split gas for the Wytheville-Springfield leg. It's as quick as the route from Asheville via Richmond if you still want to go.

Well, I'm not in Iraq anymore. I got back home early last monday morning, but, since the show is on a tuesday, and I can't get leave, I won't be able to drive up from Bragg and still be able to make it back in time for work on wed. Arg.
Oh well, at least i'm home.