Staiway to Heaven backwards really has Satanic References

Acujer

Apr 14, 2008
Nowadays we laugh at the thought that songs played backwards actually said something. Just for fun I was messing around and wanted to hear Stairway to Heaven backwards. I am now totally convinced it really does say something.

It clearly says,
"Oh here's to my sweet Satan.
The one whose little path would make me sad, whose power is Satan.
He will give those with him 666."

Funny, it really does say it. That's amazing! I always thought it was people trippin out. But you can clearly hear it.

Check out this verison on youtube.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iduFTKST8PQ&feature=related[/ame]

I sounds like a bunch of gibberish and it may be interpreted as "Sounding" like that the same way Priest unintentionally said "Do it".It's bullshit!
Lawyers will hear anything if there's a paycheck involved. And it's funny how they claim 'Do it!' was there, yet it took 10 years for someone to hear it? :lol:

I was listening to Stained Class a couple weeks ago and I'm still alive. :kickass:

I thought the Priest one said, "I took my life."

You guys don't really hear it in this backwards Stairway? I totally hear it clearly. I must be losing my mind then.

It clearly says,
"Oh here's to my sweet Satan.
The one whose little path would make me sad, whose power is Satan.
He will give those with him 666."

And that the biggest load of gibberish I have ever heard.
It's a group of english words that have little or no relation to any sentence structure.

FFS The lyrics played forward leave no room for this, so how can it be really there?

Anyone thats studied the English language knows that you cant make the words posted above from reversing the words in the song. :mad::rolleyes::mad:

How do you know there is no way to do it? Maybe theres a secret technique.

Satanism is all about reverse though. Backwards pentagrams and the like. It would fit into their paradigm, but yeah, obviously theres no fucking way to do it so its just an enormous coincidence. But seriously, what the fuck? I want a better explanation.

I distinctly remember spinning the record backwards as a kid and hearing those. There are more lines, too, that preceed the ones posted. The very first line is "I sing because I live with Satan." The second is "The Lord turned me off."

Gotta admit, that was kinda freaky.

I really wish they were intentional. How genius would that be!

I remember as a kid hearing, "And I live with Satan." I think I just ended up laughing it off.

You go to admit though, this sounds really fuckin cool! I am surprised noone made a song of these lyrics forward. My sweet satan, he gives us 666, sad satan. These are ultra tripped out words that give me crazy imagery. Some real weird shit! Its not like "Join us" or anything, Its talking of Satan as sweet and sad. With Plants singing, it really makes it quite the spectacle.

If it wasn't for the fact that I can speak from some experience, I'd not comment given that I find this a really trivial matter given that someone else on this board (Linda) just had a close friend die.

Ok folks! That bit on youtube "played backwards" doesn't sound like recorded sound played backwards at all. When I was in high school, we had a "language lab" in which we had these cassette players with tapes that wouldgive you a foreign phrase (I took Russian), and would then record you saying it and play it back to you, so you could carefully check your pronounciation, accent, etc. The way these tapes and the machines they were played in worked was that the instructional tapes would be recorded on one side and it could record on the other simultaneously. It was able to do this by recording on the other side backward, and then playing it back to you backwards, so that it sounded forwards.

Realizing this was how it work I experimented. I had a cassette of the Love Stinks album by the J. Geils Band. Y'all know the "song" (more like just a story) "No Anchovies Please"? remember the part where it says "Upon awakening she finds herself in a strange foreign speaking nation, and then you hear what sounds like someone saying something way too fast. That's backward speech! if you play it backwards (which I could do at normal speed), it says "It doesn't take a genius to tell the difference between chicken shit and chicken salad." And it's VERY VERY CLEAR. No mistaking it for anything else. The backwards recording your hear there doesn't sound anyhting like the supposed backwards play of Stairway to Heaven. Having this experience, I can say with great confidence, that the so called backwards playing of it in the clip, is really something else entirely!

But since, I want this to be a bit more meaningful, I'll add this.

Acujer, you seem to have an obsession as it were with this subject. I wonder why. You seem the post often on this particular subject. I personally don;t think there is such a thing as Satan. At least, not as a corporeal being or a uniquely conscious entity. If however, you define "satanic" as "evil", there sure as hell (pun intended) is plenty of it in the world, and with war, corporate greed, the slaughter of innocents by the thousand, rape, child abuse, etc; I find these things far worse and far more evil than anyhting done by people in adolescent rebellion (even the older folks still stuck in that phase) who like to do shit like turn pentacles upsidedown and chant "Hail Satan!" If you want to do something about the evil you see in the world, I think feeding someone who is hungry is far more good than "exposing Satanism" in music. This is a friendly board, and I don't have any problem with you expressing yourself on it, heck, I'm glad you're here. And I in my own expression, say that I'm concerned why you seem so facinated with this subject and go back to it so often, though I acknowledge that the majority of your posting are not on this subject. If indeed you find the subject of evil worth studying so future evil may be curtailed and you want a book that's scholarly and something other than fundamentalist Christian paranoia, I recommend People of the Lie by M. Scott Peck. Check it out!

Realizing this was how it work I experimented. I had a cassette of the Love Stinks album by the J. Geils Band. Y'all know the "song" (more like just a story) "No Anchovies Please"? remember the part where it says "Upon awakening she finds herself in a strange foreign speaking nation, and then you hear what sounds like someone saying something way too fast. That's backward speech! if you play it backwards (which I could do at normal speed), it says "It doesn't take a genius to tell the difference between chicken shit and chicken salad." And it's VERY VERY CLEAR. No mistaking it for anything else. The backwards recording your hear there doesn't sound anyhting like the supposed backwards play of Stairway to Heaven. Having this experience, I can say with great confidence, that the so called backwards playing of it in the clip, is really something else entirely!!

That's very interesting. Thanks for that info!

I been singing these backwards lyrics all day. I just love it.

Matt Douglas, I appreciate your recognition of my posts. I have an odd sense of humour I guess.. Mostly I like to stir up discussion. I have quite a bit of interest in occultish stuff such as Satanism. There is clearly a huge Satanic following in this world. It is definitely not Led Zeppelin. The backwards messages here are obviously coincidence. But come on, they sound damn cool! I posted this because I was surprised how much better they sounded than I remember. Satan may not exist, but Satanism does exist. But we don't need to make this site a downer. If you really want to have a discussion about these matters, I would be into it, but I don't think anyone else here does.

How do you know there is no way to do it? Maybe theres a secret technique.

Satanism is all about reverse though. Backwards pentagrams and the like. It would fit into their paradigm, but yeah, obviously theres no fucking way to do it so its just an enormous coincidence. But seriously, what the fuck? I want a better explanation.

What I was saying is that if anyone wanted to put a message on a record, praising satanism, and that band happened to be English, theres a fair chance that the messages would follow an organised English language sentence structure.

What we appear to have on there is a grouping of un associated words, that make little sense. Thats got very very little to do with the English language, perhaps if it was a literal translation from another language, but why bother to translate and completely ignore grammatical correctness?

Satanism and the occult in Heavy metal and rock music is as cheesy as hair metal and Bon jovi lol. Seriously whilst I understand some people do believe in all this rubbish my stance is the same as it is on all religion, I simply dont believe in it all.

Satanism and the occult in Heavy metal and rock music is as cheesy as hair metal and Bon jovi lol.

Well yeah. Of course. That is why I always say Number of the Beast is a total hoakey song.

Just think of how nuts that thinking is: Rock bands that are really closet satanists putting backwards messages on records. I mean it so laughable. But Matt Douglas is wrong, this is really Stairway backwards. Obviously I cant see how it woudl b eintentional, but it does sound pretty clear to me. I posted this because it seemed to sound clearer then expected.

I just think this type of stuff is fun to play with. If it really was intentional though, then its genius.

When I played it backwards on my phonograph, all it did was mess up my stylus.:)

Anyone who hears "alleged" messages in backmasking, and further does someting stupid because of it, has problems much, MUCH LARGER than any "alleged" message. Don't even ask me what I think about self-absorbed parents who sue for their inadequate parenting skills.

True story: Back when I was a bench tek working on Consumer Electronics, I used to clean and adjust the big, fancy Radio Station CD players, some even had "reverse" play. We had a TV tek who was an ordained (?) Minister, so I put on some Maiden, played the spoken passages backwards, and asked him to listen for "Satanic" subliminals.

After he listened several times, I asked him what was spoken. His reply, "Beats the Hell outta me."

Look it does sound like messages. I don't believe they were intentional but...

If you really wanted to do something like this, it could be done through a lot of trial and error. It is not that far fetched. Page and Plant were into occult stuff and it would have been in style kind of to do Satan stuff, even if they were just having fun with it. You record what you want to say forward, then play it backwards, then make lyrics to fit that. Keep gong back and forth on the tape machine for many tries, until you get it right. I don't understand why so many of you are so not able to grasp that it totally can be done. If you think about it, why would they not do it? It totally fits the times. Hell, I would put backwards messages in my music if I was in a big studio. Its fun.

This is a video of a guy playing the record backwards. He is a tool. Hes a Christian fundamentalist. I AM NOT CHRISTIAN AND I DON'T LIKE HIM! But its an opportunity to hear it on the record. This guy is actually funny as hell!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ned7yw5j3s&feature=related[/ame]

You know what's really disturbing in this video? Only the sheer fact that idiots like this guy are still able to exist,(as a matter of fact,they can make serious money) because there's a whole bunch of other idiots, believing their bullshit.Considering the fact that we live in the 21st century,I find this very sad!

When thousands of airheads like those on the video lives around you it ain't that funny.And idiots like these,are the leaders of this country!

I mean if you really break it down, almost every single thing is stupid. Don't let it bum you out. I mean the idea that life is based on this game finding Jesus so you can get into heaven or be condemned to hell by a compassionate god. It just makes no sense. God is just and loving, but will let you burn in hell if you don't do this and that. Cows are ok to eat but not pig. Bow to Mecca 5 times a day. Meditate all day long to escape karma and become, uh, nothing. To be free, is to unplug from all dogma. To be completly dogma and nationalistic free is very hard to do. I try my best to own my own thoughts.

Question: What is The Matrix?

Answer: Information