Staiway to Heaven backwards really has Satanic References

Acujer,
I couldn't help but notice that in the second video you posted the backwards playing sounds IDENTICAL, which is rather strange as one is supposed a recording played backwards on a machine with such capabilities and the other is someone manually turning a record in the reverse direction. That would take incredible timing- speaking of too much time on their hands. I can't help but wonder if both are using the same doctored clip. Have you actually played the song backwards on a device with such capabilities?

Also, even if there is something that when played backwards sounds like "satan", did you ever consider that such might be a common sound in the English langauge (say, "ing" for example) and that you might hear it on many records, even Christian ones?

All,
I thought Jenna put a sticky up asking people to refrain from religious discussion.
Saying things like "all religion is stupid" is religious discussion. (TimeWarrior's comment "I don't believe in it at all.", I thought was acceptable as it's simply an I-statement). While I may belong to an organized religion, I do understand such comments as I do feel many egos have twisted religion for their own ends, sometimes with many innocent people dying as a result. But I imagine that such comments, because they make sweeping generalizations that may not be true in all cases, are the kind of thing we are trying to avoid.

Y'all remember the comic strip Bloom County?
This whole thread reminds me of one strip of theirs back in the 80's when Milo thinks he going to expose evil backwards messages, and spin AC/DC's Hell's Bells backwards and it says "Go to church! Say your prayers! Tithe! Tithe!"

Matt, that is Stairway backwards. Yeah its probably just coincidence and you can play anything backwards and it would probably say Satan at some point. Your wrong to think that this clip is doctored. This song has been played backwards ad infinitum since 1972.

try this one:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGY95TsZvYY&feature=related[/ame]

If you don't find the above clip funny, you have no sens of humour. This is a riot!

Does anyone remember the gibberish opening to "Bloodbath in Paradise" on Ozzy's No Rest for the Wicked? Just like Nicko's backwards fun on the POM album, Ozzy recorded at the intro of this song "Your mother shall dwell in hell." Although, it really sounded more like "Your mother shall drill in hall." :lol:

Backwards messages are either accidental, a joke, or done by a bands so incredibly stupid and just reaching out for extremist credibility.

And, for the record, the best backwards message of all time was the spoof on Little Nicky of playing a Chicago record backwards. That was hilarious!

Matt, that is Stairway backwards. Yeah its probably just coincidence and you can play anything backwards and it would probably say Satan at some point. Your wrong to think that this clip is doctored. This song has been played backwards ad infinitum since 1972.

try this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGY95TsZvYY&feature=related

If you don't find the above clip funny, you have no sens of humour. This is a riot!
:OMG: :lol:

I respect whatever people want to believe. Everyone is on different stages of their spiritual path. In my life, I have been Jewish, Christian, Hindu, and Wiccan. I've been a goth, punk, hippie, rasta, even a gangster type dude. Its all part of our journey. After everything I've experienced in life, I do believe, its all just ways to plug into the matrix, and the ultimate state, is when all dogma is let go of, and your true self can be realized.