Started building my (small) studio

Thanks you all for the nice comments about the recording.

The keyboards could benefit from less cheesy, less 1997 sounding sounds, but that's not your problem really!

Musically, this is one of the best tracks I've ever heard here on this forum. Just needs more autotune on the clean vocals for a more sterile effect, I think! Unless they wanna go for this post-rock-emo kind of vibe ...

Let me know when the demo/cd is available!

All synth sounds come from a Roland MC307 :eek: it was all done by the singer, we will still incorporate some synths done with my Virus and some FX on the Roland.
They don't want to exagerate on the synth/FX sounds outside the Roland because he wants to use it live. Although we are evaluating the possibility of the band playing against a cd or mp3 player.

This is a band that makes great songs.

The vocals don't have any Auto-Tune, I didn't had time for it.

On the final mixes I will have to do some touches, not much because he is a good singer and screamer :)

Hey - Metal with just one Kickdrum? Awwwhh.... I always hate that :)

Eddy, your new studio looks awesome! Every full-time engineer/producer can just dream about having a pair of S3A as an "alternative system" :loco:

I like my S3A, I can agree on the low-mid issue, but I am not sure if it is a combination with the room/console... In my case. But I do love them, though it is difficult to mix fast with them, cause I am often find me fiddling around with micro-ajustments - switching to a more lo-fi monitoring system enables me to mix way faster - just doing some basic tweaks to make it sound right instead of finetuning a compressors ratio from 1.42 to 1.44, hehe!

Regarding that Herman Miller Chair:

Because I am sitting up to 70h here I have no problems to throw 1.5k EUR on a chair - the one I have was about 500 bucks, is about 8 years old now and I am not that happy. My back is not that happy!

How is that Herman Miller Chair? Is he just cool for the eyes or is he cool for your back as well?

Sorry for beeing OT!

Cheers,
Brandy

yowzers
how the hell did a get the snare sounding that meaty!

A lot of Compressor, EQ and Samples :heh:

Hey - Metal with just one Kickdrum? Awwwhh.... I always hate that :)

Eddy, your new studio looks awesome! Every full-time engineer/producer can just dream about having a pair of S3A as an "alternative system" :loco:

I like my S3A, I can agree on the low-mid issue, but I am not sure if it is a combination with the room/console... In my case. But I do love them, though it is difficult to mix fast with them, cause I am often find me fiddling around with micro-ajustments - switching to a more lo-fi monitoring system enables me to mix way faster - just doing some basic tweaks to make it sound right instead of finetuning a compressors ratio from 1.42 to 1.44, hehe!

Regarding that Herman Miller Chair:

Because I am sitting up to 70h here I have no problems to throw 1.5k EUR on a chair - the one I have was about 500 bucks, is about 8 years old now and I am not that happy. My back is not that happy!

How is that Herman Miller Chair? Is he just cool for the eyes or is he cool for your back as well?

Sorry for beeing OT!

Cheers,
Brandy

I do like the chair.
The only thing I don't like is the seat border that's made of plastic . when I seat on the edge of the chair to play guitar, it's not very confortable.

Pic of a pre-production session.

MCE%20Pre%20Production.JPG

will post an audio sample later

Here is the audio sample from the pre production I promised.

Remember that this recording is all band members playing at the same time (except vocals), and there are no samples in the drums or reamping, or anything extraordinary on the mix.
Almost all in the mix is BF76s and SSL Channels (mostly for Gates and EQs) all mixed while they were recording.
I then pass everything through my mix bus processing :)

OMFG. i just read this whole thread.
Eddy you are my hero! That studio is 100% amazing. I didnt see a final cost though. Im very interested in what something like that costs!

Here is the audio sample from the pre production I promised.

Remember that this recording is all band members playing at the same time (except vocals), and there are no samples in the drums or reamping, or anything extraordinary on the mix.
Almost all in the mix is BF76s and SSL Channels (mostly for Gates and EQs) all mixed while they were recording.
I then pass everything through my mix bus processing :)

http://web.mac.com/eduardoapolonia/iWeb/Site/MCE.html

Good stuff man, any insight into whats on your mix bus? :p

How is that Herman Miller Chair?
I used one some years ago in the company I worked. It was the best chair my ass ever sat on.
I friend of mine bought one 2000 and it still looks as if its new. He uses the chair daily between 8 and 12h