Started building my (small) studio

Need updates man!! :-D

-Joe

I would also like to have updates but unfortunately I have been dealing with the water leakage I had from a terrace above. Only this week I got it fixed (I hope :erk:) It is beeing tested for a few days now and will continue for some more, until I am almost sure that it is fixed.
I hope that next week I can continue with the construction.

I would also like to have updates but unfortunately I have been dealing with the water leakage I had from a terrace above. Only this week I got it fixed (I hope :erk:) It is beeing tested for a few days now and will continue for some more, until I am almost sure that it is fixed.
I hope that next week I can continue with the construction.

Damn man, sorry to hear. good luck!

-Joe

Finally the water leakage problem is fixed.
After taking the floor tiles and cement base out, they tried 2 types of sealant without any success.
Then they took the cement coating of part of the wall near the window door and applied another different sealant and it worked!!!!
The problem was there.

I had to stop the construction because the ceiling was the next step but having water falling from the ceiling wasn't helping
crushed.gif
and I'm still waiting for the acoustic hangers that will arrive next week.

I'm also waiting for the doors and windows for the next step after the ceiling structure is done.

Here is a pic of where was the problem

Water%20leakage%20fixed%2001.jpg

Next week the construction will continue.
Hope that I don't have anymore unexpected problems like this.

That's starting to look really good, good luck with it!!! That's something I wanna do "one" day, although i know fuck all about studios and recording at the moment:erk:
All the best

Sorry for the lack of updates but it didn't go much further, a lot of problems to get the doors, windows and ceiling hangers.

This is going veeeeeeeryyyyyyy slow.

While I waited for the doors, windows and the ceiling acoustic hangers (the doors and hangers have already arrived) I made the Small machine room floor

Some pics

Machine%20room%20Floor%201.jpg

Machine%20room%20Floor%202.jpg

Machine%20room%20Floor%203.jpg

Machine%20room%20Floor%204.jpg

Machine%20room%20Floor%205.jpg

Machine%20room%20Floor%206.jpg

Hey Eddy!!
Take it easy!
Mine took 18 months to be ready. It drove me nuts!!! There's always something missing; being the electrician, some sort of cable, special screws, a piece of rockwool or even a bloody screwdriver (!!) that someone took by mistake (true!)!
But I'm sure it will be a hell of a nice working/recording place!!!

May I ask why the machine room flooring is so elaborate? I think that's one place I would've cut costs, since you don't really need the best acoustics in a machine room.

If it keeps him from hearing the rumbling of a washing machine on a rampage during drum tracking, he'll probably appreciate it quite a bit.

Jeff