stefan86's offtopic random retard thread - post away!

:lol:
Even though I wouldnt mind Dan Swano visiting me at night:)blush:) just without torturing part :)

so, finally back from mah holidays v2.0 with my girlfriend at the beach... the earthquake was scary, it was 3.34am and suddenly my gf woke me up and said "wake up nicky, wake up! quake!", jumped out of the bed in no time of course!

admit it, you thought she wanted to play quake :)

j/k

i can't imagine how it must feel like, i'm glad i live in sweden :p

The consequence

eeeeh, chile is located on a tectonic plate boundary and a subduction zone called the peru-chile trench. A subduction zone is where the ocean crust slides under the continental margin which causes compressional deformation (mountain building, andes range), earthquakes and volcanoes... you know, nazca plate pushing under the south american plate, making pressure (9 cm per year) that must be released from time to time, otherwise we have this big earthquakes. every 10 years or so there must be a quake, last one was in 1985 tho, at least here in central chile cause the last big quake was like 5 years ago in northern chile... biggest I have been in 'till the moment, 8.8 richter!

admit it, you thought she wanted to play quake :)

maaaaybe :p

got the pics, no good shots really, just me and my gf in the night trying to get the cell phones to work to call our families.

did get a couple of good pics of a bridge that fell down on our way home... gonna post it later.

2ptxnhw.jpg

23vmg4p.jpg