stefan86's offtopic random retard thread - post away!

Order doesnt matter, as it changes from time to time:

Treasonous
Breeding Death
Furnace Funeral
Ominous Bloodvomit
Eaten (live with Akerfeldt)

and maybe as a runner up Hades Rising because of the outro.

But basically, Breeding Death single is the best thing that happened to death metal and I also really enjoy Fathomless Mastery for its style and mix.

Reactions: Trodden
Can't remember if I ranted about this already , but I saw a crappy deathcore lyric video that reminded me of it.

A guy contacted me randomly a couple months ago asking me to do vocals on a few songs. They were kind of a grind deathcore type thing which isn't quite my taste but I gave it a whirl.

One of the guys main concerns was that the lyrics were not edgy enough and he wanted more swearing "to convey serious anger". All of his suggestions for changes were to add the word "fucking" or "shit" into a sentence or to replace a word. I don't recall the lyrics anymore but for example if the line was "run for their lives" he wanted "run for their fucking lives" even though the added word would change the delivery. It was literally the thing he was most concerned about.

This also happened like a year ago with another guy (I think I shared one of those songs here) at first he was happy but then he started suggesting I swear and sound more like *insert generic deathcore vocalist here*.

So apparently swearing is integral to being hardcore. It's not about delivering the line with force and power at all, I've been doing it wrong all this time.

How is this a thing???

I've never written lyrics with swearing, Im not against it I just don't feel it necessary. Seems to cheapen the music. Whatever, I walked away from it anyway. Seemed like a stupid project the more I talked to the guy. He had really stupid opinions and concerns and wanted it to be taken very serious even though he was doing things that made it retarded.

And no this wasn't some dumbass teenager. Dude looks like he is in his late 30s.

Last edited:
Same, never sweared in my lyrics, and when I hear sweares it almost always sounds lame.

Even in Bloodbath "Mock the fucking cross" sounds 3edgy5me

Reactions: Trodden
Ah yes, how to make a song heavier and angrier: downtune and swear, add breakdowns to taste.

whats better in life?

other than To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

Speaking of donwtuned guitars, Cry My Name is in drop B :kickass: Fuck drop tunings :kickass: