Steve Smyth is the new Nevermore touring guitarist! (for the time being...)

Brooks

Eyes Wide Open
Nov 15, 2001
Bay Area, California
skloid.blogspot.com
Yep, Steve confirmed to me today that he will be sharing the stage with Nevermore for their upcoming European tour (which I dont know has been officially announced yet..), and the Warped Tour dates. He said he drove up to Seattle the other day to hang with Jeff and learn some of tunes, and he'll be buying a 7 string soon.

He ALSO said that he heard some of the new record, and that its sounding UNBELIEVABLE! Though he cant give any specifics on either that or the new Testament...

Originally posted by Brooks
He ALSO said that he heard some of the new record, and that its sounding UNBELIEVABLE! ...

Yep, gotta agree there! I've heard most of the new songs in rough demo form and they definitely ARE exciting! It seems like this Nevermore might be their best yet!
Hopefully this new guitarist will take it even further ... cause it's definitely, already, gonna kick your face in! :)

Here is the actual abstract:

NEVERMORE Hire TESTAMENT Axeman For Upcoming Tour - June 7, 2002

TESTAMENT/DRAGONLORD axeman Steve Smyth will reportedly be filling the vacant second guitarist slot in NEVERMORE during the latter's upcoming European tour and Vans Warped dates. Smyth will be replacing Curran Murphy, who resigned from his position as NEVERMORE's touring guitarist in order to join Canada's ANNIHILATOR and continue work on his own AGGRESSION CORE project.

As previously reported, NEVERMORE have patched up their differences with Century Media Records and are in the process of inking a brand new deal with the label. The first release under the new contract will be the band's next studio CD, entitled Enemies Of Reality, which is due to be recorded later in the year with producer Andy Sneap (i.e. MACHINE HEAD, STUCK MOJO, SKINLAB). An early 2003 release is expected.

DavE

i agree.
after Dead Heart..., i cant wait for the new album.
i cried listening to that master piece.
and i have this inner hunger for some new songs.

by the way- anybody knows about Nevermore gigs in Seatle Area?

early 2003? DAAAAAAAMN!
they'd better come up with another masterpiece..it has to be worth waiting!
Glad i'll see them this month!

xxx Iris xxx

Statement from NEVERMORE:
"We just want to clear up some confusion regarding Steve Smyth's involvement with us. He hasn't left Testament or Dragonlord to join Nevermore. He's just helping us out with these upcoming European festivals and US Warped tour dates. We need 2 guitars players live, so when our previous touring guitarist got himself a full time gig we immediately asked Steve. He'd always come out and see us play when we were in town. We'd do the same when he'd come through Seattle. He's really been a great friend of ours for years and we're lucky to get to do some shows with him now. We need to send out special thanks to Chuck and Eric for their support in this and allowing Steve to help us out."

Statement from Steve Smyth:
"I've always been a Nevermore fan and look forward to playing with them. I want to thank Chuck, Eric, Stevie D, Jon and Lyle for all their support."

Originally posted by [KOTNO]Narrot
cool to hear that.....fetus: if you have news tell us! redblueguy, can you put them online?

I get plenty of news, but it's not my job to blabber about it before I'm supposed to. Sorry :)