Guitarist STEVE SMYTH Parts Ways With NEVERMORE - Aug. 30, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
if ya go to steve's myspace. look in his comments for Van's comment. apparently Van had no hard feelings. but it's myspace. believe it if you want. i shall....for now.

wow. theres a lot of hypocrisy here. everyone worshiped steve, and the minute he parts from the band, the shit slinging begins.

steve is a great person, a great guitarist, and a good friend. the fact is, a lot of people never gave him a chance in the band. they were writing him off before tge came out.

I guess I'm in the minority by wishing him the best of luck.

wow. theres a lot of hypocrisy here. everyone worshiped steve, and the minute he parts from the band, the shit slinging begins.

steve is a great person, a great guitarist, and a good friend. the fact is, a lot of people never gave him a chance in the band. they were writing him off before tge came out.

I guess I'm in the minority by wishing him the best of luck.

Srsly. Everyone was praising him, but then the minute he was taken off the website everyone turned against him.

What was his beef with the born video, if there was one?

cause he wasn't in it, and he didn't seem to happy about it on his forum at the time the born video came out.

I'm the part wishing him luck. He is still one of my fav guitarists, but i discovered him through nevermore, and probably if it wasn't for nevermore i would have never taken lessons from him. I will resume lessons with him as soon as i have the cash. but still leaving nevermore to go with hatesphere is gay imho. If i were in nevermore i would suck dick to remain there

Steve should start a new metal band, like an actual touring band, and instead of joining pre-existing bands. then we could REALLY see what he can do when he's got even more creative control. i'd like to see that.

And ya, why would anyone argue with me? How long have i known those guys now? Well i can't say or it might reveal how old we all are, but a long fucking time.

Steph YOU ARE OLD .... So am I ....

At least we arent old as warrel ... HA HA HA HA HA HA

Steve should start a new metal band, like an actual touring band, and instead of joining pre-existing bands. then we could REALLY see what he can do when he's got even more creative control. i'd like to see that.

Steve should hang it up cause obviously he cant hold down a band for shit. VR. Testament, Nevermore, now hes with those hacks Hatesphere. I was in a touring band for 15 years, and believe me its like Steph says. 5 egos trapped in confined spaces eventually explode. Steve didnt get enough attention so he left. He shoudl have realised he wasnt the #1 gun around Jeff was and always will be Nevermore.

He should stick to his "Internet Lessons" ... oh wait where did that idea come from.....cough cough ... Chris anyone??

Steve needs to stop riding fucking coat tails and come up with his own ideas.

As for Chris joining the band, I dunno i love Chris and the stuff he does with JP, but unless warrell is gonna start wearing spandex again I dont think he fits the bill. They play VERY different styles of music. Nevermore is very "Thrash" while Panzer is very "Power". Granted Nevermore is probably the most versatile metal band to come along in a while. Chris doesnt have that Heavy Chug down low in this writing that never more does. Can Chris write stuff like that. Probably as he is talented as hell, BUT i still dont think he fits into the confines of the nevermore recipe. Steve was a better fit stylistically even though he was a bitch.

(DONT DELETE THIS ONE WILL OR I WILL FIND YOU AND CUT OFF YOUR PECKER)

Steve should hang it up cause obviously he cant hold down a band for shit. VR. Testament, Nevermore, now hes with those hacks Hatesphere. I was in a touring band for 15 years, and believe me its like Steph says. 5 egos trapped in confined spaces eventually explode. Steve didnt get enough attention so he left. He shoudl have realised he wasnt the #1 gun around Jeff was and always will be Nevermore.

He should stick to his "Internet Lessons" ... oh wait where did that idea come from.....cough cough ... Chris anyone??

Steve needs to stop riding fucking coat tails and come up with his own ideas.

As for Chris joining the band, I dunno i love Chris and the stuff he does with JP, but unless warrell is gonna start wearing spandex again I dont think he fits the bill. They play VERY different styles of music. Nevermore is very "Thrash" while Panzer is very "Power". Granted Nevermore is probably the most versatile metal band to come along in a while. Chris doesnt have that Heavy Chug down low in this writing that never more does. Can Chris write stuff like that. Probably as he is talented as hell, BUT i still dont think he fits into the confines of the nevermore recipe. Steve was a better fit stylistically even though he was a bitch.

(DONT DELETE THIS ONE WILL OR I WILL FIND YOU AND CUT OFF YOUR PECKER)

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.