Guitarist STEVE SMYTH Parts Ways With NEVERMORE - Aug. 30, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think Dead Heart would've sounded better if the guitars didn't have such a percussive sound. that is what's getting to me with it. if it was as smoothed out as TGE, Dead Heart would be a much more kickass album. but.. Dead Heart is still lacking anyway. must've been hard being the only guitarist working on that album :p

of course. nevermore even said they chose steve over chris because he wrote songs more geared toward nevermore....maybe in the two years since those comments chris's writing has gotten heavier or more "nevermoreish" or whatever u wanna call it....who knows.

FYI - don't beleive everything you "hear". Chris has never written any songs for Nevermore. Steve was chosen long before he had written one song for them.

When the band was drinking, they wanted a drinker, when the band got sober, they wanted a non-drinker. It's so simple.

FYI - don't beleive everything you "hear". Chris has never written any songs for Nevermore. Steve was chosen long before he had written one song for them.

When the band was drinking, they wanted a drinker, when the band got sober, they wanted a non-drinker. It's so simple.

haha well, i dont want to get into a pissing match but i "heard" it from warrel and jeff themselves, in the interviews they gave. off the top of my head, some quotes... Jeff - "technically, chris is pretty advanced, but steve's songs just fit better with nevermore." also, remember warrel's boasting to all the critics about steve's writing, making them guess which 3 songs were written by steve? most ppl got them wrong by the way....

so it isnt to say chris is a bad guitar player - clearly he is one of the best. its not even fair for me to personally say his writing wouldnt fit with nevermore because ive only listened to jag panzer and nothing else he has written. all that i am saying is that the band said they selected steve smyth because at the time his songs and writing style fit in a little bit better than chris's, in the band;s point of view, just going by the interviews they gave. ill go by what the band said... no biggie.:headbang:

and i cant tell if you were being serious about the booze part, but i hope that wasnt the deciding factor in selecting another guitarist...whether or not he drinks.

Jeff - "technically, chris is pretty advanced, but steve's songs just fit better with nevermore."

I would take a quote like this to mean "songs they have individually written in the past," not "comparing songs we told them to write for us"

also I should point out how especially funny I find that you're arguing with Metalsteph about something Chris related.

haha well, i dont want to get into a pissing match but i "heard" it from warrel and jeff themselves, in the interviews they gave. off the top of my head, some quotes... Jeff - "technically, chris is pretty advanced, but steve's songs just fit better with nevermore." also, remember warrel's boasting to all the critics about steve's writing, making them guess which 3 songs were written by steve? most ppl got them wrong by the way....

so it isnt to say chris is a bad guitar player - clearly he is one of the best. its not even fair for me to personally say his writing wouldnt fit with nevermore because ive only listened to jag panzer and nothing else he has written. all that i am saying is that the band said they selected steve smyth because at the time his songs and writing style fit in a little bit better than chris's, in the band;s point of view, just going by the interviews they gave. ill go by what the band said... no biggie.:headbang:

and i cant tell if you were being serious about the booze part, but i hope that wasnt the deciding factor in selecting another guitarist...whether or not he drinks.

Oh naive one. 90% of most interviews are bullshit.

I have no doubt that WD said that stuff in an interview. But lots of people re-write history in order to improve the story. It really wouldnt' be a good story to say "We went with this guy cause we like to party with him." Or "We went with this guy cause he's a good influence on us." BORING.

Here's a clue, "creative differences" mean "i hate your fucking guts." Renion tour means "I still hate your fucking guts, but i'l ignore you for the cash."

Tim, Pat, Steve, Chris, Curran....all are talented guys. Obviously Jeff wouldn't work with anyone he didn't respect as a player....so do you really believe that all of those guitarists have come and gone because of "creative differences"? Being in a band is worse than being in a marriage....you have 5 bitches that have to get along 24/7.

Ok, i'm done ranting now. Will please save me.

I would take a quote like this to mean "songs they have individually written in the past," not "comparing songs we told them to write for us"

also I should point out how especially funny I find that you're arguing with Metalsteph about something Chris related.

And ya, why would anyone argue with me? How long have i known those guys now? Well i can't say or it might reveal how old we all are, but a long fucking time.

Wow this like came out of nowhere, seriously!

If Chris does play on the new album I really hope they use his classical skills. I think that would sound beyond awesome.

Oh naive one. 90% of most interviews are bullshit.

I have no doubt that WD said that stuff in an interview. But lots of people re-write history in order to improve the story. It really wouldnt' be a good story to say "We went with this guy cause we like to party with him." Or "We went with this guy cause he's a good influence on us." BORING.

Here's a clue, "creative differences" mean "i hate your fucking guts." Renion tour means "I still hate your fucking guts, but i'l ignore you for the cash."

Tim, Pat, Steve, Chris, Curran....all are talented guys. Obviously Jeff wouldn't work with anyone he didn't respect as a player....so do you really believe that all of those guitarists have come and gone because of "creative differences"? Being in a band is worse than being in a marriage....you have 5 bitches that have to get along 24/7.

...perhaps the wisest post in a long time; especially, the marriage comparison. :zombie:

Status
Not open for further replies.