Steve Wilson to produce next katatonia album!

The band actually wanted Wilson to produce LFDG, but it didn't work out. I personally think the job they did on TGCD is awesome -- easily their best from a production standpoint. I'd be happy if they kept producing their future albums in the same style.

It doesn't get any better than the production on TGCD. They need Wilson like a horse need fingers.

For one steve wilson helped opeth gain wide recognition with their first truly popular cd, which happens to be by far their strongest cd as well. Katatonia will easily gain more fans this way. Second not here, but most found the great cold distance production to be "cold," which in the music world is not so highly regarded. It's Crystal clean, but a bit sterile. There is a reason why people like Last Fair Deal more it's because it has a warm sounding being recorded analog. Plus it can only help bouncing their ideas off to someone so well rounded.

it would be like ...
im not even sure
katatonia have established such an amazing sound

do they need wilsons help?

well then, akerfeldt had BWP written and all wilson did was spice it up

Second not here, but most found the great cold distance production to be "cold," which in the music world is not so highly regarded.
Actually the "coldness" factor in the production of TGCD is what makes it so amazing IMO. I'm tempted to say it's Katatonia's finest work since their doom metal days.

I loved Steven's production for Blackwater Park and Deliverance/Damnation. I am glad that he did not get to do Ghost Reveries though, and that album came out pretty well. I think that Katatonia doesn't really need Steven right now.

Well it would definitely help if they keep going further in the direction of unfurl that's for sure.

:mad:I hope Katatonia NEVER use Steven Wilson to help them with anything. We DO NOT need Katatonia to sound like friggin' Porcupine Tree.

Besides...TGCD had the best production ever. Way better than that overrated Steven Wilson could have ever done.