Steven Slate Drums 4.0

Holy shit! Now that's what I'm talking about! Which kit is this?

I'm not at home to check, but I have the EX version and I think it's the first metal preset. I haven't had time to mess around with it, I've literally used it for 25 minutes. Can't wait to use it some more.

Steven,
I thought you might be interested in this. Norton just gave me this message concerning a threat from the SSD4 .exe file. Norton has quarantined the file. Any insight as to why this is happening???

ssd4.jpg

Can someone please explain how I route out of the SSD player so I can use external processing? Can't seem to figure that out

Can someone please explain how I route out of the SSD player so I can use external processing? Can't seem to figure that out

At the bottom of the faders in the mixer, you can choose the outputs you wanna use for each kit pieces.
Fairly straightforward.

I tried that and it didn't work for me, perhaps I'm doing it wrong. I'll have another look when I drag my ass out of bed.

Anybody get a CRC check failure on the Snare Dan NRG.ssd file from the part 1 rar? Only that snare was corrupt out of all of the library...

Spent some time with it for a little while now. The new interface and deluxe drums are great... the Dunnet 6.5 snare and the much more usable preset kits stood out.

The new cymbals sound good too. It would be nice to have more variety though. What's there sounds good... The kits are just a little small compared to what I'm used to with Joey's cymbals or the Toontrack stuff (multiple chinas and splashes, special effect cymbals like zilbells, etc.

Still liking Joey's toms and the Metal Machine toms better for heavy stuff too... but overall, I'm satisfied with what I bought.

I just got the 4.0 EX version and im pretty happy about the sounds. But i thought i have to use Ilok... Dont misunderstand i appreciate that i dont need it to execute the player but is it the same way in the platinum version of 4.0?

New samples sound cool. However this player crashes a lot. I wish I could just use the samples as an add-on pack to Superior, which I have had no issues with what so ever.

Hi Angryoldsoundguy, we can probably fix why you're having crashes. So far its been because of two main reasons: Corrupt library because of bad download or Not Enough Memory (can be fixed by using upcoming 64bit versions).

Josh I'm glad you're liking it.. there will be some expansions coming with even more cymbals too! Its cool how you dig the Dunnet for metal, that drum is from early 60's! I love the Black Beauty 6.5 Open on most metal stuff I'm doing with a classic sample mixed in for fatness and more punch.

Steven

ok it seems I'm having issues with it crashing constantly in reaper 4.14. probably because of memory issues. thing is I have 4gb of ram, which should be fair enough. I don't have a 64bit system ... what am I about to to?

Unfortunately, the Slate VCC Coupons for early VCC adopters only work at the Slate Digital shop.

I wanna hear some MP3s dudes!!!!!!!!!!! Someone make some demos. I'll even post em on my site since I need more content but also need more sleep..

Cheers,
Steven

Hey
Thought I would give it a shot with my new copy of NI Maschine, works great.
Sorry no guitars or bass for all you rockers o_O

Anyway, the kit is Break Dub, with Dance and Electro kicks added
Snare Tambo and Hard also added Sfx's Swell up & Big Let Down for cymbals.
No a long clip as I planned to add guitars etc but I got sidetracked on another project.

Here is the link SneapDub

Hi Angryoldsoundguy, we can probably fix why you're having crashes. So far its been because of two main reasons: Corrupt library because of bad download or Not Enough Memory (can be fixed by using upcoming 64bit versions).

Josh I'm glad you're liking it.. there will be some expansions coming with even more cymbals too! Its cool how you dig the Dunnet for metal, that drum is from early 60's! I love the Black Beauty 6.5 Open on most metal stuff I'm doing with a classic sample mixed in for fatness and more punch.

Steven

I liked the metal preset kit where you blended the dunnet and snare 12a. I think it was the 6th kit.

The electronic samples and other genre kits, like the reggae kit, are pretty cool also. Very usable.

Hey
Thought I would give it a shot with my new copy of NI Maschine, works great.
Sorry no guitars or bass for all you rockers o_O

Anyway, the kit is Break Dub, with Dance and Electro kicks added
Snare Tambo and Hard also added Sfx's Swell up & Big Let Down for cymbals.
No a long clip as I planned to add guitars etc but I got sidetracked on another project.

Here is the link SneapDub

Please tell me I can use this at the SSD site and let me know how you want to be credited!

I liked the metal preset kit where you blended the dunnet and snare 12a. I think it was the 6th kit.

The electronic samples and other genre kits, like the reggae kit, are pretty cool also. Very usable.

Thanks man! Any demos you or anyone else makes I'll stick on the SSD site! Make sure you list how you want to be credited!

Steven

Any update on when the box versions are coming out for the 3.x Plat upgrades?
The upgrades expire on at the end of February, correct? Because I saw somewhere that the upgrades were going to be expiring at the begininning of February and the third party crossgrades were expiring at the end of February, but then I saw your post where it said the opposite.
Also, is the SSD4 instrument maker going to be included free?
Can't wait to get this.

Boxed versions in about 2 weeks. SSD 3.5 upgrades last till Feb, and I think crossgrades end the 20th of Jan.

The Instrument Maker is gonna be a paid option, albeit a useful one.

Cheers,
Steven