Steven Slate Drums 4.0

SSD 4.0 takes everything that I've ever learned about the art of making drums sound awesome and embodies it in a virtual instrument. Yes the sounds aren't processed like my former collection.. which has found a home in many rock, pop, country, and metal recordings (check out Taylor Swift, Shinedown, Ill Nino, Miley Cyrus, Train, Black Eyed Peas, Megadeth, Lamb Of God..).. but that doesn't mean they are raw, which is a word that I don't seem to vibe with.. because the Deluxe kits breathe life.. they take eq and compression very well but they really don't need a lot because the time was spent on the tuning, drumming, micing, placement, and coding.. I made sure that each sampled kit had its own sound.. you won't find two snares that sound same.. or kicks or toms.. I think you'll find that these kits sound very unique, and will have a place even in the virtual rack of someone who has many other drum libraries.

There is over twice the detail than previous kits, and all kit pieces have stereo overhead and room.. snares even have close mic, under mic, overhead, room mic.. and have three different articulations..

The Soultone cymbals are simply the best I've heard.. they were recorded with a variety of overhead mics and they sound brilliant.. I made a special note to record two of their best chinas but only after consulting some metal friends of mine to get the thumbs up.. Deluxe was recorded in kit form so the cymbals have true stereo image.

SSD4 is no longer in Kontakt.. it has a custom built, easy to use drum sampler that has a built in groove maker and has better physical modeling.. these drums sound as real as real can be.. And they play real too.. on Roland, Pearl, and Yamaha.. There are also many more features of the drum sampler that I can't discuss quite yet..

All of the SSD "classic" kits will still be in SSD4.. and they mix in beautifully with the SSD4 drums!

There is still a lot of work to do for SSD4, we're trying for a late spring release.. but this is the next generation of Slate drums.. If you feel like there is room in your virtual drum locker.. get excited.

NAMM booth 6921

too far off to give an answer.. a lot will come to play before we can determine that..

ilok_dongle2.jpg

I think SSD4 will be ilok optional.. to me ilok is very handy.. but as someone has said.. SSD is a yellow matter entertainment product and there are some different policies. Don't quote me on any of this.. but this is my hope.

We showed one Deluxe kit today so far (tomorrow we'll have more).. already people were totally stoked.. These kits sound pretty amazing. Tomorrow we also show off some of the electro kits with Griffin Boice.

This will be intresting when it comes time for me to upgrade from 3.5 plat. I had issues when SSD originally came out (when it was just samples.) So i have like 4 serial numbers....No clue which is the right one. lol

Hey Steve, thanks for the super helpful interaction with us on here, as always... but what i'm scratching my head over is why you guys didn't just make this new library an expansion for trigger, and are instead creating a new stand-alone instrument... does trigger not take MIDI? i was under the impression it did, and was about to buy trigger thinking it'd be a complete all-in-one solution to replace drumagog, aptrigga, and kontakt, (which would totally rule) along with consolidating all the slates into one convenient plugin. so now i'm gonna need trigger AND the new SSD instrument? Can you compare the two (just the plugins, regardless of the sound libraries) and point out any key features the new SSD instrument will feature that trigger doesn't? I'm sure the new drumkits will be awesome, i'm talking strictly about trigger as a plugin vs. the new SSD instrument.