Steven Slate Drums EX Expansions 50%.. OFFICIALLY

Tbh.. I bought the 20$ pack for the wavs. Because I can record a real kit, and then augment it with BFD2, Platinum Samples, Superior, and I wanted a choice with the Slate stuff too. I guess once they sort me out with the wavs, everything will be cool.. but Alex hasn't yet responded to my email. And what were his words?? We'll get you the wavs by the end of the day? Pfft. Yeah right.

Tbh.. I bought the 20$ pack for the wavs. Because I can record a real kit, and then augment it with BFD2, Platinum Samples, Superior, and I wanted a choice with the Slate stuff too. I guess once they sort me out with the wavs, everything will be cool.. but Alex hasn't yet responded to my email. And what were his words?? We'll get you the wavs by the end of the day? Pfft. Yeah right.

Haha... that sucks, but how do you think people who dropped $300 or more for the whole package feel about you guys even being offered that deal in the first place?

When I bought Platinum, I don't think EX even existed. Since then it's been cheaper and cheaper for new people to jump on board with pretty much nothing worthwhile for people who already own SSD...

Haha... that sucks, but how do you think people who dropped $300 or more for the whole package feel about you guys even being offered that deal in the first place?

When I bought Platinum, I don't think EX even existed. Since then it's been cheaper and cheaper for new people to jump on board with pretty much nothing worthwhile for people who already own SSD...

That does suck... but, you did have Platinum a good while before EX came out presumably?

First off, lets get something straight. I bust my ass to please my customers. Tell me who from BFD or Addictive Drums of Superior or Oceanway is here almost every other day taking requests, helping customers, giving advice, and participating in discusssion. If you don't like my business practices and support, then show this by not buying my stuff.

My product speaks for itself. Its an amazing drum tool, the cymbals are out of this world good, the drum tones are pristine and sound fantastic out of the box... I'll post the links again to some tunes since they must have been ignored:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/songs/blackenedearth.mp3
www.stevenslatedrums.com/songs/forcedevolution_ed.mp3
www.stevenslatedrums.com/songs/childeater.mp3
www.stevenslatedrums.com/songs/darkshade.mp3
www.stevenslatedrums.com/songs/darktravels_moorereinwand.mp3
www.stevenslatedrums.com/songs/dsfinalsong.mp3
www.stevenslatedrums.com/songs/fallenfate_victims.mp3
www.stevenslatedrums.com/songs/makanbudak.mp3
www.stevenslatedrums.com/songs/nickelback.mp3
www.stevenslatedrums.com/songs/paramoredimi.mp3
www.stevenslatedrums.com/songs/ashtarrant.mp3

Every one of those mp3s sounds great. If you don't like that sound, then this is a simple matter of taste and thats fine. If you do like that sound and you're having issues with SSD, post an mp3 and I'll be sure to help you get better. But don't blame it on SSD, or Kontakt, or any other BS.

If you guys want the wavs, I'll include them with TRIGGER. SSD Deluxe = virtual instrument for programming. Trigger = Drum Replacement. I had already said I'd consider this and as a result i get barraded with insults. Again, find me another manufacturer who comes here and takes fucking requests.

Over the past few years I've give exclusive deals to guys here, I've helped many of you analyze your mixes, I've gone out of my way to support issues via PM.

Again, if this is not what you want from a company, then buy somewhere else, because you're not the kind of customer I want.

Regards,
Steven

And then in your next post

Sir, I very respectfully call Bullshit. You just totally contradicted your statement.

And basically you're saying I have to spend all the time I spent setting up all of my gog files again in Trigger, and even have to spend the time setting your samples up in your own product (Trigger). And I don't think it's off-topic to bring this up. I want to make sure that if I buy expansion packs now I won't have to buy them again when I get Trigger.

Before you call bullshit, make sure you know what you are talking about since you've obviously misunderstood what I've said.

Trigger comes with SSD's premapped in TRIGGER format. GOG files do not work in anything except Drumagog.

TRIGGER will have discounts for SSD virtual instrument users so you'll get the whole pack of SSD's premapped.

Regards

First off, lets get something straight. I bust my ass to please my customers. Tell me who from BFD or Addictive Drums of Superior or Oceanway is here almost every other day taking requests, helping customers, giving advice, and participating in discusssion.

..Again, find me another manufacturer who comes here and takes fucking requests.

Over the past few years I've give exclusive deals to guys here, I've helped many of you analyze your mixes, I've gone out of my way to support issues via PM.

this is true!

If you guys want the wavs, I'll include them with TRIGGER.

Tanks Steve, that's all I wanted to hear ;)

I understand that people want to keep their wavs. But you can record your own wavs out of the sampler still. Just record some hits in the velocity you like, turn on or of the room, cut the recorded audio and there you go.

nope

cuz if we dont have control over which sample is generated on play back when we hit record, then its useless

there are times when you need to know the exact snare hit you're working with, because of phasing and other things

Hey Steven i dont think i have ever met a developer that has gave out free updates like you had in the past, much respect. And i hope trigger poops on drumagog 5. :kickass:

I <3 Steven's attitude. I wish every company was that down to earth.

I'm confused about the whole trigger thing still. I own the platinum samples. I don't use the kontakt shit - I just replace real drums with drumagog.

Do I get a discount on Trigger since I already own the samples? I just want the plugin itself. I don't mind making my own .trgs or whatever.

First off, lets get something straight. I bust my ass to please my customers. Tell me who from BFD or Addictive Drums of Superior or Oceanway is here almost every other day taking requests, helping customers, giving advice, and participating in discusssion. If you don't like my business practices and support, then go somewhere else.

Er... what?? Go somewhere else?? This isn't your forum.

i get barraded with insults. Again, find me another manufacturer who comes here and takes fucking requests.

Er.. what?? Who insulted you??

Think of TRIGGER just like Drumagog, but rather then come with some fairly useless stock samples (can we all agree on that), it comes with SSDs. So as an SSD guy, you'll get a discount on TRIGGER which comes with all the sounds.

Drew, what I meant was if you don't like my software or how I support my customers, go somewhere else aka to another company who will provide you with the support you want and the product you want.

I really dig it here despite some comments that were a bit over the top about my company, and I will continue to hook you guys up on the upcoming Slate Digital stuff and future specials, but all I ask is for some respect back. I'm used to things being very cool in here but there are a few guys who have overstated a few things and jumped to wrong conclusions. Here's hoping we can chill out.

Again, if this is not what you want from a company, then buy somewhere else, because you're not the kind of customer I want.

Business is business. Steven you are great and truely world class customer service. Those of us who have spend a long time in high level of customer service understand. (I have spent my time with Mercedes Benz).

I am confused though however. Do these come with waves/gogs or not? If we buy these on sale.

Trent

Steven, I think you're being a little melodramatic. I like your software, and I like your sounds (for the most part at least).

But for the record, you said Sneapsters could get wavs/gogs, did you not? I've sent five emails over the past two weeks. No response. Alex posted here and said he'd sort me out. No response since I sent the email he requested. I paid money, I didn't get what I paid for. I'm trying to sort it, and support aren't helping. And you say that if I don't like the way support handles customers, that I should basically just go away? Hmm. That's reeeeaaaallly respectful man... sure...

The rest of it is all to do with taste, and we don't need to go over that. People have different opinions and different ears.

Drew, Alex did say he contacted you (assuming that was you, it was a uk address) but the mail was getting bounced back. I can understand why you are aggrevated about this and I apologize. I am PMing you the code to your wav/gogs right now.

done, check your PM.

The current sale of EX Expansions DO come with wavs/gogs. So if you have drumagog right now and can handle its flaws :) you'll be all good.

When TRIGGER comes out, it will ship with the SSD samples in both TRIGGER format and have raw wav samples for you to do whatever you'd like.

Now crack open the whiskey and lets celebrate.

I had already said I'd consider this and as a result i get barraded with insults.
I am also marvelled how arrogating some users seem to be.
I'm very thankful for the GREAT deals you have / had on your software. The price I paid for EX and the two expansions is just ridiculous compared to other manufacturer's prices, and your samples sound so much better (at least to me).
And i am very very content regarding the support, i got my response a few hours after i wrote my email, and i love the fact we can ask you questions about your products directly and even influence the final product.
Again I'm tempted to buy another Expansion pack even though i don't really need it :Smug: It is just too cheap to say no and i always had an eye on the Rock Classics Kit...

Looking forward to TRIGGER and SSD Deluxe, i hope there will be a special deal (as always) if you buy both (or is Trigger included in SSD Deluxe?) :headbang:

PS: And what the fuck is this whining about having paid the full price for Platinum? New software is always at full price first and most software gets cheaper after a certain time. How could it be any other way? :zombie:
A lot of things I've bought are cheaper now, or even for free - i really cannot understand anyone being insulted because of a cut in price. WTF :lol:

Cheers dude. It's unfortunate that it had to come to an altercation; for whatever reason this thing just dragged on. I've checked my spam box and all that, and no sign of anything. But it's solved now.

For the record, I have nothing but respect for you; you'll even remember the other day I pointed out that your Deftones snare was accurate when compared with My Own Summer. I'm not on any conquest to (forgive the pun) slate you.

I think it's great that Steven is even considering putting the waves in with future packs. He's right and to an extent, I agree, that he doesn't have to put them in with the packs, nobody else does. I think that's what makes his stuff so great, it does what other companies don't do. And he's right, he is here a lot and he does do good deals for Sneap forum members. I have a lot of respect for him for caring so much about his customer base.

Come on Steven has done so much for this community, they give you a deal and your not happy, he gives you wavs and gogs and its not fast enough. Bitch bitch bitch. I would not blame Steven if he packed up and never posted here again. Unless your doing a million dollar production and just got to have his gogs to make it work(which most people here are not) Chill the fuck out

Bitch bitch bitch because we were worried that the product we wanted was no longer going to be produced. The reason people bought SSD in the first place was for wavs. If it didn't come with wavs anymore, then I would have to find another company making good drum samples in wav format and buy from them, because a Kontakt player and SSD virtual instrument is useless to me (and every other person who bought SSD before the VI existed.)

Glad to hear we will still be able to get wavs with Trigger, thanks Steven.