Steven Slate Drums EX Expansions 50%.. OFFICIALLY

I've only skimmed through the thread so maybe this has already been addressed, but will Trigger be offered with just the new samples, or will it always be with the samples already included in the Platinum version of SSD that is out now? I'm just thinking people who already have platinum are effectively doubling up if they are forced into buying Trigger to get the wav's of the new samples.

Good stuff Steve!
It's nice having the option to be able to get smaller packs more often for those of us on too much of a budget to afford the full pack all in one go.

I'm about to buy 2 packs but I would want to know which kicks/snares/toms that are in each pack. Does anyone have a list of what each pack includes?
Or atleast Rock/pop 1, 2 and 3? Tried to find it on the webpage but couldn't find that info.
Would be really appreciated!

I'm about to buy 2 packs but I would want to know which kicks/snares/toms that are in each pack. Does anyone have a list of what each pack includes?
Or atleast Rock/pop 1, 2 and 3? Tried to find it on the webpage but couldn't find that info.
Would be really appreciated!

+1

Don't know if this is the absolute fact, but a customer made this:

Slate Custom Kit
Slate Custom Snare
Slate Custom Kick
Quick Toms
Hi-Hat 3
Ride 2
Crash 16
PaisteSig 18 Crash

Dream Kit
Dream Kick
Dream Snare
Qik Toms
Hi-Hat 3
Ride 1
Crash 16
PaisteSig 18 Crash

Radio Hit Kit 2
Kick 12
Snare 21
New Maple Toms
Hi-Hat 3
Ride 2
Crasjh 15
Crash 16

Crisp Rock Kit
Kick 1
Snare 3
Maple Toms
Hi-Hat 3
Ride 2
PaisteSig 18
Crash 16

Perfect Rock Kit
Kick 14
Snare 7
Maple Toms
Hi-Hat 2
Ride 1
Crash 15
Paiste Sig 18 Crash

Ballad Kit
AC Kick
Snare 4
Maple Toms
Hi-Hat 2
Ride 2
Crash 16
PaisteSig 18 Crash

Greenday Kit
Green Kick
Green Snare
Fat Toms
Hi-Hat 3
Ride 2
Crash 15
PaisteSig 18 Crash

Reggae Ska Kit
Kick 17
Snare 19
Maple Toms
Hi-Hat 1
Ride 2
Crash 15
Crash 17

Fat Radio Rock Kit
Kick 1 A
Snare 11
Birch Toms
Hi-Hat 3
Ride 1
Crash 17
PaisteSig 18 Crash

Radio Rocker Kit
AC Kick
Snare 13
Qik Toms
Hi-Hat 1
Ride 2
Crash 15
PaisteSig 18 Crash

Deep Rock Kit
Kick 17
Snare 20
Maple Toms
Hi-Hat 3
Ride 1
Crash 17
Crash 15

Modern Rock Kit
Kick 1
Snare 10 A
Qik Toms
Hi-Hat 1
Ride 2
Crash 15
PaisteSig 18 Crash

Beefy Dry Kit
Kick 10
Snare 1
Qik Toms
Hi-Hat 2
Ride 2
PaisteSig 16 Crash
PaisteSig 18 Crash

Vintage Fatty Kit
Blimp Kick
Snare 8
Never Toms
Hi-Hat 1
Ride 2
Crash 15
PaisteSig 16 Crash

Meat n Potatoes Kit
Kick 14
Snare 14
Fat Toms
Hi-Hat 2
Ride 2
PaisteSig 18 Crash
PaisteSig 16 Crash

Classic Pop Kit
Kick 1
Snare 7
Qik Toms
Hi-Hat 1
Ride 2
Crash 15
PaisteSig 16 Crash

Deep Rock Kit 2
Kick 4
Snare 4
Fat Toms
Hi-Hat 2
Ride 1
Crash 15
PaisteSig 18 Crash

Big Fatty Kit
Kick 12
Snare 12 A
Maple Toms
Hi-Hat 1
Ride 1
Crash 15
PaisteSig 18 Crash

Black Kit
Black Kick
Black Snare
Metal Toms
Hi-Hat 3
Ride 1
Crash 16
Crash 17

Dry Metal Kit
Kick 5
Snare 15
Metal Toms
Hi-Hat 3
Ride 2
PaisteSig 16 Crash
Crash 17

Panty Kit
Panty Kick
Panty Snare
New Maple Toms
Hi-Hat 3
Ride 1
Crash 16
PaisteSig 16 Crash

Thick Metal Kit
Kick 15
Snare 22
Metal Toms
Hi-Hat 3
Ride 2
PaisteSig 16 Crash
Crash 16

Thick Rock Kit
Kick 1 B
Snare 22
New Maple Toms
Hi-Hat 2
Ride 1
PaisteSig 16 Crash
Crash 17

ToneDef
ToneDef Kick
ToneDef Snare
Fat Toms
Hi-Hat 2
Ride 2
Crash 16
Crash 17

Metal Dream Kit
Black Kick
Dream Snare
Qik Toms
Hi-Hat 2
Ride 2
Crash 16
PaisteSig 16 Crash

Highway Kit
AC Kick
AC Snare
Birch Toms
Bon-Hats
Ride 2
Crash 15
PaisteSig 16 Crash

Never Kit
Never Snare
Never Kick
Never Toms
Hi-Hats 3
Ride 2
PaisteSig 16 Crash
BonCrash 18

Tommy Kit
Tommy Kick
Tommy Snare
Birch Toms
Hi-Hat 3
Ride 2
BonCrash 18
PaisteSig 16 Crash

Chili Kit
Chili Kick
Chili Snare
Birch Toms
Bon-Hats
Ride 1
Crash 15
PaisteSig 16 Crash

Modern Zep Kit
Blimp Kick
Led Snare
Old Zep Toms A
Bon-Hats
Ride 1
Crash 15
BonCrash 18

Dan Steel Kit
Dan Kick
Dan Snare
Qik Toms
Hi-Hat 3
Ride 2
PaisteSig 16 Crash
Crash 15

Angry Rock Kit
Kick 1B
Snare 18
Fat Toms
Hi-Hat 3
Ride 2
PaisteSig 18 Crash
BonCrash 18

Jimmy Kit
Kick 17
Jimmy Snare
Maple Toms
Hi-Hat 2
Ride 1
Crash 15
Crash 17

Step Child Kit
Kick 12
Old Zep Snare
Never Toms
Hi-Hat 2
Ride 2
Crash 16
Crash 17

I have this crazy feeling that Deluxe will be running within Superior 2.0. Anyone else feel like that too?

If you don't want to update when Deluxe comes out because it will be a dedicated midi instrument like every other drum software... thats cool. But you'll be missing out on what I consider my absolute best work in drums.

Deluxe adds a lot of new sounds that have exactly what you ask.. completely variable stereo overheads (DELUXE samples will be an update to TRIGGER as well!) and a lot of sounds that the user can further tweak on his own and shape.

But I understand how you are trying to work, which is why I think you'll actually be the perfect customer for the Deluxe update.

It will have a completely new interface, and will ADD new Deluxe kits that have the variable overheads, new articulations, etc..

you know, after looking at that list, I saw Kick4 and remembered how much I used to love that kick. I added a little bit to the new George Lynch mixes I'm doing and it slams. Thanks for making me post that list.

Zombie/Josh Palmer.. Joshua Logan has always had a funny vendetta against us but I love the dude cuz he certainly keeps me on my toes and its always a bit entertaining. He started in with the whole cymbal thing and "platinum users hate you now" thing at the SSD forum but the guys there seemed to like the SSD cymbals and not mind the new deals:

http://www.stevenslatedrums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2245

Dude, Steve, I try not to be an asshole to you, but sometimes I just can't help it. I constantly feel fucked over by your company in one way or another, and I've talked to many other people both here and elsewhere who feel the same way. It's ridiculous that people have to make such a fuss about shit to get you to take notice in the first place. The people showing so much support are mostly just guys who are psyched to get your samples for so cheap. They see it as a personal favor instead of what it really is, because it allows them to use the samples for way less $$$ than others have payed. And the majority of people posting on your forum are blind fanboys... just like EVERY company and forum has, so I wouldn't assume their views are the views of everyone on the whole. OF COURSE you're going to have support on your own forum. I've seen tons of negativity both here and on gearslutz (and I don't even post there). I've even heard people talking about the fake LA lifestyle, the faux hawk, etc., but that's getting a bit personal.

From the very first time I bought anything from you, I noticed everything seemed very unprofessional and it's stayed that way for the most part. $15 shipping charges for software burnt on regular DVD-Rs and shipped in padded envelopes that showed plainly they cost less than $2 to ship. No actual packaging for a long time. No actual pressed dvds for a long time. Tons of people never getting answers from customer support. Understaffed even with the company getting so popular and generating so much income. Constant hype and used car salesman-like speeches all the time on multiple forums all over the internet... usually ignoring most negative comments or complaints. Final versions of products still having tons of bugs, often even after people had mentioned them previously. Always late with everything. Yeah, you started off as a small company, but that's not an excuse for everything.

Let's be real here. You're making a shit ton of money off of your samples, and it's very directly affecting your quality of life. If you want to be the best and get payed accordingly, shouldn't you step up your business and make sure it acts professionally? I just think a company who wants to be such a giant should act like one. $300 is nothing to you, but not everyone who has payed for your samples are big time producers making a killing. You shouldn't forget that without everyone who dropped the $300 on Platinum, you wouldn't have the funds to launch all of these new products.

I don't hate you. I just think you can a bit of an asshole. I know that I can be too, but not without reason. I've talked to a bunch of guys on here who feel the same way. Actually, I know for a fact there are quite a few guys on this very forum and elsewhere who bought Platinum as a group buy, splitting the costs between themselves and sharing the samples with each other. The anti-piracy watermarking does nothing to stop it because they know not to upload them to torrent websites. I'm not one of those people. I payed for them, although I could have easily done something similar. I like your drum samples. I like that you are providing these products which help people improve the quality of their mixes (although I don't mistake this as a personal favor, because I know it's business and $$$ is to be made). I know that you are good at what you do, and I respect that. I just don't like feeling like I'm constantly being fucked over. The only difference between me and others who feel the same (some of whom posted in this very thread) is that I don't hesitate to be openly vocal about it. I feel no need to kiss ass.

That's about all I have to say about it. I'm honestly surprised I haven't been banned from your forum yet. heh

Joshua, you're obviously a hard working chap and I admire your passion and I know that you value your money and don't like feeling ripped off. Its never been my intention to do that and I'm sorry you are upset by the recent deals. As a company grows like my company has, there are certain things you need to do to make sure you can pay a full staff of support, IT, PR, acccountants, lawyers, coders, programmers, developers, and more.. also, sales like these help deliver the product to people who normally could not afford it. We will not be doing a sale like this again, but so far the sale is helping fund the new Slate Digital line which has taken two years and over a million dollars to get off the ground.

I try to stay as involved with my customers as possible, hence the reason why you will constantly see me interact with people both online and at the tradeshows. I do free seminars all the time to audio engineers, and donate money to various music schools. I listen to my customers, as I have here in this thread with the wav file issue, and I learn from my customers. I hope you can understand that I am not the enemy, I am not trying to screw Joshua Logan over, and I only want you to succeed.

I hope you can focus more on making the best music Joshua Logan can, rather then focus on whether or not I am involved in a conspiracy to screw people over via audio midi no brainer deals. Thanks my friend,

Steven

Metal Toms... in Metal and More... but next would be Fat tom.. they have a lot of top and bottom end, good for rock and metal.. kind of a CLA type of tom sound

Call me a retard, but I'm still confused about the way the Trigger thing works.

I already have platinum, and I just want the plugin, cause it looks bomb and drumagog sucks. I don't mind putting in some extra work to make my own .trg files or whatever they will be called.

Is this possible? And if not, are there discounts for people like me?

So why are people saying it sucks to have platinum?

If you took advantage of this deal it would be $150 for all the EX packs, plus the cost of EX. Did someone say that was $20 recently? So they got everything platinum has for $170?

If the list that Steven posted on the previous page is correct, this is what the Pop/Rock Vol. 1 - 3 contains.
I made a list that's a bit easier to read. Includes only Kicks/Snares/Toms cause that's what I'm most interested in.

Essential Rock/Pop Vol.1

Kicks:
Slate Custom Kick
Kick 1
Kick 12
Kick 14
AC Kick

Snares:
Slate Custom Snare
Snare 3
Snare 4
Snare 7
Snare 14
Snare 21

Toms:
Quick Toms
Maple Toms
Fat Toms
New Maple Toms

Essential Rock/Pop Vol.2

Kick:
Kick 1
Kick 1A
Kick 17
Green Kick
Ac Kick

Snares:
Snare 10A
Snare 11
Snare 13
Snare 19
Snare 20
Green Snare

Toms:
Maple Toms
Birch Toms
Fat Toms
Qik Toms

Essential Rock/Pop Vol.3

Kicks:
Kick 1
Kick 1B
Kick 4
Kick 10
Kick 12
Kick 17
Blimp Kick

Snares:
Snare 1
Snare 4
Snare 7
Snare 8
Snare 12A
Snare 18
Snare 20

Toms:
Fat Toms
Qik Toms
Maple Toms
Never Toms

(Vol 3. also contains a kit called "Nice Crack", if you look at the player on the expansionspage, but there's no info on what that contains.)

Hope this helps someone. And please don't get mad at me if this list is wrong!

Yes, EX + all expansions = platinum minus the few hybrid presets platinum has.. BUT we plan on making those hybrid presets in EX form so if you have all the ex packs you'll get the platinum hybrids including our most popular kit, the CLA kit..

Thanks for breaking down that list Carlsman.

If the list that Steven posted on the previous page is correct, this is what the Pop/Rock Vol. 1 - 3 contains.
I made a list that's a bit easier to read. Includes only Kicks/Snares/Toms cause that's what I'm most interested in.

Thanks for making the list. It's made my decision much easier. I think I'm going to go for Essential Rock/Pop 1.