still life 5.1 release date: 31st march 2008...

went to JB Hi-Fi yesterday (Australia's major CD/DVD shop in case you didn't know) and was randomly looking through the metal section and there it was! Was shocked actually, I haven't been on this site for about 2 months so had no idea it would be out so soon!

Great price ($23.00),beautiful artwork and it sounds AWESOME.

Good work
Hey jem, jb hmm, they can be good sometime, i ordered it from peaceville to make sure, should get it in a few days. You are a dog for hearing it first haha.

Wow, Travis made Melinda look incredibly haunting. I love the sense of there always being a really powerful lightsource in the center of the images.

I bought it on Ebay on the 26th from some duchebag in Australia, still havn't got it IM PISSED!!!!

Got mine today!! Its a lush package. Nice digi-book with excellent new/revamped artwork. Easily the nicest Opeth packaging yet. Great liner notes also.

And the Face of Melinda live bonus from the roundhouse is excellent. The audio sounded great and the camera work is good too. None of that irritating flashy camera work that alot of live dvd's seem to utilize these days.

Ordered it from Play.com and it was shipped yesterday. I expect Still Life to come to my mailbox thursday. Can't wait!

Can we have a clarifying comment about the stereo remix? I don't know if I will buy it now, since I don't have a 5.1 system, but if the stereo remix is decent I might consider buying it

I don't have 5.1 yet either. The stereo mix to me sounds great. I didn't think the production could sustain anymore clarity. But it does. All the instruments stand out and make the album feel even warmer. I need to hear the 5.1 if the stereo mix sounds this good. Might have to take it over a mates or something.

got mine today... since nobody seems to have posted a picture of the package, here's a raw one:

sl51.jpg

Can we have a clarifying comment about the stereo remix? I don't know if I will buy it now, since I don't have a 5.1 system, but if the stereo remix is decent I might consider buying it

The stereo mix is basically the same as before, just a little brighter etc. It has no new parts as far as I can hear.

The 5.1 mix however has almost all the acoustic guitar parts redone, as well as some other guitars (like the solo in Benighted), and some (to my ears they sound different, and better) of the vocals have been redone also.

I really need to invest in a 5.1 system. I've preordered the Still Life reissue (USA release date: April 15), and I have a few other CDs that came with 5.1 DVDAs. I've never listened to anything in 5.1, but from all the raving I've read about it, I need to check into it.

I have a 5.1 stereo system in my living room, come the 15th my neighbors are going to fucking hate me. Can't wait to hear Still Life in all its glory!