still life 5.1 release date: 31st march 2008...

fuck yes, ive been waiting for this for so long, glad we have a date and its BEFORE the new album, to tie us over lol

does this mean that the first disc will have the old version, or will that also be remastered? ...
not much use of me buying it if this is the case since I don't own a 5.1 system and won't have one any time soon either.
I'm wondering the same thing about disc 1

I'm hoping, HOPING its a remastered stereo mix.. :/

yes this isnt just a re-release in 5.1, this is a remaster, meaning that this will be a whole new album to us, not just the same album but louder. jens borgen remastered it, and mikael said that he could hear parts in the songs that he couldnt on the original, so this will be nice!

yes this isnt just a re-release in 5.1, this is a remaster, meaning that this will be a whole new album to us, not just the same album but louder. jens borgen remastered it, and mikael said that he could hear parts in the songs that he couldnt on the original, so this will be nice!

:kickass: hell yea

I think the board in general accused it of being a 4.1 surround sound release, not 5.1 - and I forget what the difference is anyway.

I think the board in general accused it of being a 4.1 surround sound release, not 5.1 - and I forget what the difference is anyway.
5.1 = front left/right, center/sub, and rear left/right, 4.1 is the same without the center.

Oh, okay. I never actually picked up the special edition
of GR. Is the bonus DVD worth the added price?
(I've heard their cover of Soldier of Fortune and thought it was fantastic).

Oh, okay. I never actually picked up the special edition
of GR. Is the bonus DVD worth the added price?
(I've heard their cover of Soldier of Fortune and thought it was fantastic).

Yes, it is. There's also a little bit of liner notes from the man himself, and a bunch of the unused art that Travis Smith did up. The overall effect is really nice.

I also can't understand what's the fuzz about this new cover being better. Old one is best cover ever! But I will buy this one if the regular CD is remastered and without those dropouts. Is it?

I kind of like the new cover better too. Don't ask me why.

Still Life never really amazed me as much as the newer releases. Hopefully this remastered edition will open my eyes or something.