Still Life with Woodpecker

Burzumite

Pretentious hipster hat
Nov 14, 2004
Ohio
So yeah, today when I was at my friend's basement (aka the record store) he handed me the book, "Still Life with Woodpecker" and told me that it's awesome, and let me borrow it.

So really, how good it is? Is it at all? Is it going to confuse me with large words (I read at a college sophmore level)

So yeah, I don't want to waste time on a shitty book, the last book I read was A Clockwork Orange, and I loved it. WAXWING SLAIN! HELP ME

I've never heard of the book, Still Life is the best Opeth release, woodpeckers are cool when portrayed via cartoon, but I hate cats even though I live with some. In my experience with reading I've found that reading a books helps to decide whether I like it. In the time it took you to write the post and wait/read the replies you could have formed your own opinion by now.

this is the only tom robbins book i thought was worth a fig. it was the first one i read and i thought it was pretty decent. i tried to read two or three others and got about halfway through them before realising that tom robbins was not a master of his craft and had hoodwinked my tom-robbins-cult roommate. in some ways he's like a super-, super-diet version of douglas adams, but with much less humor.

i recommend reading still life with woodpecker. it's a good book and it will let you say "yeah i've read tom robbins before" to tom robbins cult leaders who try to make you read books about sticks wandering the desert and cowgirls with blues.

Will do, Will do Sir. Yeah, it's not very often that I can read 4 chapters in five minutes.