Stimulus Package - What Will You Buy?

Agreed, but I don't think that will be enough and there are a lot of areas of the government that are underfunded, so you can't cut them further.

Well, cutting already underfunded areas is always a bad idea, but they should probably be re-evaluated to see if we really need to fund them in the first place (I have no idea what's underfunded, so I'd have to see which ones are underfunded)

I'm not sure if you've been watching the news for the past 8 years, but the Republicans put us in a much bigger debt than the Democrats ever did. It was Al Gore not George Bush who wanted to work against the national debt. It was FDR and his new deal that saved the country from depression.

Nick's right on the button about slashing the defense budget. It's ludicrous how much a single missile in our arsenal costs, while social programs like welfare, education and healthcare are grossly underfunded.

I didn't even know I would get $600; don't know what I'll do with it either - probably something gay like barely survive on it or something.

aww man.
only in the US?

I hope it is a rousing success and it is copied in the UK come september, so I'll be 18.
I need a new gfx card.

I'm not sure if you've been watching the news for the past 8 years, but the Republicans put us in a much bigger debt than the Democrats ever did. It was Al Gore not George Bush who wanted to work against the national debt. It was FDR and his new deal that saved the country from depression.

Yeah, and there's also this little thing called a war going on that's costing something around a billion dollars a day.

I don't know why (some of) you are going to vote Dem if you're not into massive debt. All they want to do it everything for everyone, and that costs a lot of moola.

McCain will keep the US in the war. Clinton will pull us out. I'm not sure if Obama will though. Plus, don't you want Huckafag or something? He would be a horrible president.