Stoner Metal.

A: Yes it is.

Stoner metal and stoner doom, however, are different things. Stoner metal is simply heavier stoner rock with more focus on heaviness in the guitar and bass department. Some stoner metal:

High On Fire
Kyuss (some will debate this)
Eternal Elysium
Orange Goblin

V.V.V.V.V. said:

Stoner metal and stoner doom, however, are different things. Stoner metal is simply heavier stoner rock with more focus on heaviness in the guitar and bass department. Some stoner metal:

High On Fire
Eternal Elysium
Orange Goblin

Thanks, V. So would Acid Bath be stoner metal?

V.V.V.V.V. said:

High On Fire
Eternal Elysium
Orange Goblin

Yea I think I would classify Kyuss as Stoner Rock. Good band anyway. Also try Nebula (some might also classify them as stoner rock) and Alabama Thunderpussy and Atomic Bitchwax.

Doomraiser from Italy, who VVVVV just introduced me to. This stuff is excellent. Basically imagine Black Sabbath and Reverend Bizarre with Glenn Danzig on vocals. \m/

haha. Of course. And I agree that Acid Bath are more sludge. They also have a hint of industrial. Remind me of a gloomier Alice in Chains.

Profanity said:
Stoner Metal is a branch of Doom.

It's still slow and depressing but with a stoney element.

I wouldn't really consider it a branch of doom metal. If anything its just heavier branch of stoner rock. Alot of stoner metal quite a bit faster and less depressing than doom metal. If it is a branch of doom metal. Its pretty far removed.

Orange Goblin 'Frequencies From Planet Ten' is where it's at.

orgo-1.jpg

:headbang: