Stoner/Doom Metal

I've liked High on Fire since I first started getting into metal

I like shit that Isis puts out, but alot of stoner doom sounds painfully generic

Blinded By Blood said:
I've liked High on Fire since I first started getting into metal

I like shit that Isis puts out, but alot of stoner doom sounds painfully generic
I agree some music labeled as 'stoner doom' can be generic, but I would recommend Witchcraft as it is a truly unique band, as well as Electric Wizard which are more of a Sludge/Doom/Stoner band...

Blue_Jay said:
What does Stoner sound like... never heard of a genre called stoner before. Probably because I never exit the metal genre again.
Stoner is usually slow doom that is groovy and is uses heavy psychadelic styled riffs and monotonous vocals. Most of it would probably be categorized as metal.

dill_the_devil said:
While I do enjoy Witchcraft a whole lot, I'd hardly call a fiercely 70s influenced retro doom band 'unique'.
I understand what you mean, but I think it would be hard to place this band in any category or to compare them to any one band in particular or point out any similar modern bands

This should be in The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like.

Anyway, for those into bands along the lines of Witchcraft, I am obliged to highly recommend Burning Saviours.

dill_the_devil said:
Kyuss, Fu Manchu, Orange Goblin, Electric Wizard, High On Fire, Sleep, Trouble, Grief, Rwake - all bands that all should hear.

Grief is sludge not stoner :)