Strange and Weird Bands

Alchemystudiosink

New Metal Member
Apr 26, 2017
Looking for the strange and weird metal bands out there that incorporate things that just are odd for metal. Like Alestorm is a pirate metal band with things like keytairs and accordions. Then there is Stary Olsa who does covers of metal songs (and other ones) but with medieval twists, as well as their own collection of songs. Van Catro is acapello.

Zeal & Ardor
How about some bluegrass and black metal? this is the birth of a new genre.

Not a weird one, but sometimes the band can sound pretty weird.

Igorrr is great, they incorporate so many things it's a stretch to really call them metal... we'll go with avant-garde.

Caninus

Hatebeak

Taake incorporates banjos...

I'm sure I could think of more after coffee. XD

Weird metal is my forte ;)

Zaraza is basically industrial nightmares. Intensive forboding doom atmospheres combined with Laibach instrumental approach.

Old Lady Drivers started off as a comedic grindcore band, but by the time their second full length Lo Flux Tube came out, they became a freak out psychadelic industrial metal band, and changed again to straight up IDM on their last effort Formula.

This is THE weird band. They make their own instruments and perform in an almost carnival like fashion.

Strange and weird is obviously open to interpretation by each person, but one look down the list of bands wiki has as folk metal and you see some weird and strange instruments a lot of people probably haven't heard of or wouldn't immediately associate with metal. The list is so wide and varied pin pointing what might fit your 'weird and strange' title is difficult.

Steven Seagulls do metal covers which are sometimes interesting and sometimes not, but usually weird.

Apocalyptica is metal with four cellos, they started out doing Metallica covers but over the years have moved on to write their own stuff and do other covers.