strange "gap" on track 16

Kasei66

New Metal Member
Feb 2, 2009
well first, Cybion really is an awesome album.... but I haven't finished digging throught it, so I won't extent on this for the time being.

I just wanted to point out, in case the band would'nt have notice it, that the transition on track 16 between the slow first part and the faster one that follows, has something wrong.
It seems just has it happens sometimes between two separate tracks that aren't linked properly. We are several to have noticed that, but apparently it does not appear on the official mp3 (so I've been told, I didn't ask them, prefering to wait unitl the real album was in my hand).

this is nothing too annoying or anything, but we were wondering, how could noone hear this? did this happen at the last stage of the making of the cd, after you had heard the final master?

again, congratulations for Cybion, it rocks (I just would have liked the voices to be a bit louder in the mix, espacially the spoken ones, but it still rocks^^)

Edit by Brett - K A L I S I A : Corrected Track #16 "Devices Awakening [ Activation | Production ]" is now available without the gap in WAV format (28.94 MB / CD quality 16 bits 44,100 kHz) here: http://www.kalisia.com/track16

I noticed that "glitch" too. It can be listened at around 1min30 of the track 16.

By the way, great great album, a real piece of art. Congratulations to the band !

Hey thanks a lot. Yeah, we have heard about this problem... It's not on the mp3 nor our version, so I guess we should blame the factory :Smug:
Oh well, that makes it an even more collector and rare issue, haha (always see the brighter side of things in cases like these). I hope this doesn't ruin your listening though. It reminds me of Scenes From a Memory from Dream Theater where there's a factory fuck-up at some point and a gap like that... happens to the greatest bands too ;)

Don't worry Brett, It doesn't ruin our listening at all, 1 gap worth nothing compare to 71min of such beautiful music.

Last album I bought before Cybion was Chinese Democracy from Guns N'Roses. It took them 15 years to release it and.... there is a gap in one of the song.

I own Scene from a Memory too but I never noticed a probleme, so weird.

So, if I see the brighter side of things : I have 3 collectors !!! :headbang::lol:

Originally Posted by Brett - K A L I S I A
Oh where is it?

On SFAM it's at the beginning of Fatal Tragedy, when the guitars come in at 0:36 but maybe your copy doesn't have it since it's factory linked...

I've juste listened to Fatal Tragedy from Scene from the memory and yes there is a gap at 0:36 !

For GNR and Chinese Democracy it's on the song Scraped at 1:19 when Axl Rose sings.

I have a glitch on track 16. I wouldn't exactly call it a gap, but its definitely a mistake.

Does the downloadable version of the album have this glitch? If not, I'm going to purchase the downloadable version as well.

Ya I have a glitch on my cd at the beginning of the extinction quarter, right when the heavy dist guitar kicks in. I loaded it up in my mixer but the "gap," which is complete silence, appears as wave lengths that look identical to the actual guitar, making it impossible to chop out accurately with my equipment. I know I can order the mp3s but is there any way to obtain an uncompressed image of the album without the glitch?

How do you pronounce Kalisia?

Also interested on how you will play this live, I'm assuming things like the chorus will be sampled, are you keeping a female vocalist, etc. Ever want to do a live dvd?

Yeah thanks Irchina that's the right pronounciation. A lot of people use an "SSSS" instead of a "Z" sound for the "sia" but that makes no sense.
About the track 16 I shall post a wav version of it soon.
About the live stuff, yeah the choir will be sampled but we will have a female vocalist on stage who will also play a bit of keyboards. But we need a drummer first :)

I have the gap on both of my copies.

Brett, is it possible for you to upload the track ?