strange "gap" on track 16

Has anybody else found that Brett's version doesn't fit with their own rip? It's most noticeable in the track transition into "Down Below".

I've made a hybrid, using my lossless limited edition CD rip of "Devices Awakening" and inserting Brett's version over the part that's glitched. It's worked out great. I magnified and compared the waveforms to make sure it was inserted correctly.

I've posted this version here (WAV):
http://rapidshare.com/files/241998503/16_-_Part_D__Extinction__1_-_Devices_Awakening__Activation_-_Production_.wav

I hope you don't mind me posting this Brett. It took a while and I can't be the only person who has this problem. To clarify, here are the waveforms of the two files:

As you can see I've put my LE rip and Brett's side-by-side and they're not quite synchronised which is obviously why it didn't fit with my CD. I don't know why. Maybe the pressed version differs slightly from Brett's super-duper master disc? Regardless, if Brett's file isn't fitting correctly give this one a try.

:headbang: Beyond excellent CD, btw. :worship:

Dammit guys, get over this tiniest of imperfections. The album is sick, much more exciting than anything new that I have heard in a while and probably will do for a while. As Brett says, if anything it makes the album more of a collectors edition! It definately adds to my listening experience, every time I listen to my full mp3 version I wait for the glitch part, when it doesn't come I feel somewhat disappointed! Someday, all music will skip... :p

P.S. Brett - How did you write the solo in Disconnection - Comprehension??? It has got to be one of the best pieces of guitarwork I have heard, well, ever! It's beautiful, so emotive and with perfect flow, I'm listening to it now and Jeebus!! How much for guitar lessons? :p