Strangest place to find Opeth...

cyanopsis

Dec 11, 2001
Falun, Sweden
Last tuesday, Peter Lindgren of Opeth featured in Dagens Industri (Industry Today), one of Sweden's biggest financial paper. The title reads "Physicist, big exporter of death metal". The article dealt mostly with the Swedish music export in general, where Opeth was considered a good example. It is said in the article that Deliverance has sold perhaps 5-6000 copies in Sweden compared to 140 000-150 000 worldwide, which makes them quite invisible on the home front. Further down it is said something about Peters background; that he has a BA in literature and a major degree in technical physics with financial mathematics as a speciality.There are two pictures, a recent one of Peter and a classic band photo. The article was a full page.

translate "major degree" please. is that like a masters degree?
i admire musicians with education - it's hard to find time to do both.
anyway, i didnt know this. thanks for posting it.

I think one of the strangest actual run-ins to one of the guys would have to be if your in a toilet stall next to one of the guys, and their moaning and have a terrible case of diarhea.

EDIT: You will probably want to wait until after they have washed their hands to sign some of your stuff.

I wish they could have published this article in France actually...coz, for interviewers, journalists or media in general, we are really really crap,stupid and pointless you know...writing in a economic review that a guy (a guitarist !!) in a metal (death metal here, amazing !!) can have done long and *smart* studies would have been welcome from all the french metalheads, really.. :erk:

^Good man.

peterdi.jpg