Stratovarious Ticket Prices-Part II, The Revenge

Walter_Langkowski

Neuroses Facilitator
Gigantour Summer Tour, featuring Megadeth, Dream Theater, Fear Factory, Dillenger Escape Plan, and Nevermore.

Fear Factory has two Gold albums in the U.S.

Dream Theater has sold a few million albums.

Megadeth has sold over 15 million albums.

Average ticket price for this show- around $35.

Straovarious I'm sure hasn't sold more than 200,000 in the U.S. for their whole catalog (I'm sure I'm being generous, but let's say that sounds about right.)

Average ticket price for their shows(with Into Eternity) - around $32-33.

I guess the promotor didn't feel he could get any more than $35 for the Gigantour show, since we ALL KNOW that he/she is ENTIRELY responsible for setting the ticket prices... :erk: :rolleyes:

I'm sorry if this comes off as sarcastic, but I can't help it. Keeping the ticket prices reasonable is what draws in the fans. I'm sure there is a reason that Strat has never come here in over 17 years.

Stratovarius has said they've never toured the US since they've never been offered enough. I'm not really surprised about the ticket prices then... It's still worth it in my opinion... $30 for a concert isn't bad at all.

And I'm sure DT and Megadeth, who happen to be from the U.S. by the way, can afford to give the fans such a great price. Stratovarius, on the other hand, a band from Finland, who has never toured here before, would at least like to break even if they could. I give them credit for just taking a shot with this tour; $30 is chump change (the cost of a japanese cd; 2 lunches in Manhattan; a movie and popcorn). Give me a break and stop bitching; just don't go.

You think maybe that Gigantour will probably have a hundred times more in attendance at each concert? Thereby increasing the per-show earnings to far beyond what Strat will get?
Why are people bitching about $30 for a concert from a little known European band that may not even break even? If you don't like the price don't pay it. If it's not worth it to you don't go.

Why is this thread coming up again? Why is it relevant? If you don't like Stratovarius, don't go! If the ticket price was say $60 I could see a reason to complain. Nightwish tickets were that price and they toured here and have somewhat of the same cult following. Please quit bitching about things that are just so godadamn insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Ticket prices? Come on? Please! Geez!

Plus the Gigantour thing is going out of it's way to offer a "fan friendly ticket price". $30 is a very reasonable price for a Strato show. I don't even like Stratovarious.

In previous years, I think Glenn tipped us off that Strat wanted a lot of money because I think I recall him saying "I made them a VERY nice offer that was beyond reasonable and they declined". That was Strat. if I remember correctly.

That being said, $30 is more than reasonable for a band like that to come over here to tour. In some places they may only draw a small crowd but at least this will cut down on some of the financial risk involved. I would seriously doubt that Nuclear Blast America is helping in any monetary way. They get no promotion here, no radioplay, hell it's tough to buy a Tshirt of them here so I think $30 is fair considering their current status in America.

woosta said:
In previous years, I think Glenn tipped us off that Strat wanted a lot of money because I think I recall him saying "I made them a VERY nice offer that was beyond reasonable and they declined". That was Strat. if I remember correctly.

That being said, $30 is more than reasonable for a band like that to come over here to tour. In some places they may only draw a small crowd but at least this will cut down on some of the financial risk involved. I would seriously doubt that Nuclear Blast America is helping in any monetary way. They get no promotion here, no radioplay, hell it's tough to buy a Tshirt of them here so I think $30 is fair considering their current status in America.

$30 for Stratovarius: More than Reasonable
$50 for Rhapsody: Fuck Rhapsody

I wanna jump in here and bitch, but every valid point's already been made.

I don't care about the value of $30 for five bands compared to two bands. It's the QUALITY of the bands and the show, that sets the value of the ticket prices. If I'm seeing five bands in a big outdoor venue, compared to seeing two bands up close and personal in a small venue, I see value in both.

Sheeit. I'll pay $50 to see Dream Theater in a small venue like Earthlink Live, alone by themselves!

mtlheart said:
You think maybe that Gigantour will probably have a hundred times more in attendance at each concert? Thereby increasing the per-show earnings to far beyond what Strat will get?
Why are people bitching about $30 for a concert from a little known European band that may not even break even? If you don't like the price don't pay it. If it's not worth it to you don't go.

I agree! What's the big deal about $30.00? I'm not a big Strat fan, but I think they're worth $30.00, geeze! Those bands on the Gigantour have established themselves in the US, so that's why they can offer a lower price! Strat will be doing good to sell out small clubs, and I don't mean that insulting, but it's the truth!

Walter_Langkowski said:
Gigantour Summer Tour, featuring Megadeth, Dream Theater, Fear Factory, Dillenger Escape Plan, and Nevermore.

Straovarious I'm sure hasn't sold more than 200,000 in the U.S. for their whole catalog (I'm sure I'm being generous, but let's say that sounds about right.)

I guess the promotor didn't feel he could get any more than $35 for the Gigantour show, since we ALL KNOW that he/she is ENTIRELY responsible for setting the ticket prices... :erk: :rolleyes:

I'm sorry if this comes off as sarcastic, but I can't help it. Keeping the ticket prices reasonable is what draws in the fans. I'm sure there is a reason that Strat has never come here in over 17 years.

Get over it dude! Just don't go! Enjoy the Gigantour!

Petethedrummer said:
$30 for Stratovarius: More than Reasonable
$50 for Rhapsody: Fuck Rhapsody

My ticket for Manowar/ Rhapsody/ Holyhell was $ 30.00 not $ 50.00. GREAT PRICE!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

Walter_Langkowski said:

How many concerts have you promoted?

If I can see a band that I like that has to travel from the other side of the world for the price of what it cost me to fill up my gas tank then I am okay with that.

It's simple, the bigger the draw,(potential people attending) the better chance of a lower ticket price. The smaller the draw, the higher the ticket prices have to be. And then there is that unknown balancing act. If they set the prices to high for the smaller draws will I get an even smaller draw. But If they don't set it high enough, they take a bath. These people are not doing this for shits and gigles. They are doing it for a living. If your looking for something to complain about, complain about gas prices. WTF?

The_Q said:
Why is this thread coming up again? Why is it relevant? If you don't like Stratovarius, don't go! If the ticket price was say $60 I could see a reason to complain. Nightwish tickets were that price and they toured here and have somewhat of the same cult following. Please quit bitching about things that are just so godadamn insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Ticket prices? Come on? Please! Geez!

AMEN, why is this relevant?

The_Q said:

Well Q, you pretty much hit the nail on the head!

All I have to say about half of the replies on this post: Pavlov's Dog. Think about it.

And yeah, I'll admit that in a way, I'm bitching about nothing as I have no plans on seeing this show independant from PP. I'm sure I'll get all the Strat I need for one year that night. But still, we are talking about a band who in over 17 years of touring has never had the sack to go and try to break America. And don't give me that bullshit about the market not being conducive to this type of music (see Dream Theater for their sales). And this is not exactly a band who is tiny in Europe either. They have definitely had some significant success in at the very least, the last 7-8 years.

I guess as a fan I find it a tad insulting for someone to come over here and expect their diehards to come up with whatever they deem exceptable to be charging.

And from some of the reactions on here, I would expect some of you to be members of the band to be taking some of these observations so seriously. Calm down and try to remember that we all have opinions, and some of us have more experience to base things on than others.

Cheers. :cool: