Studio-log

Hey SW, do you know when your official website might be finished and back online? Or will it come the same time as the album does?

Regarding the website:

Well, as you all can tell it is taking some time to complete this album. In fact I was in the studio with Tommy just the other day making som additional changes to some music, so it is indeed taking some time. Having said that finishing the album is of course our top priority, second to that is the artwork. Then we need to get the video done and ready for release and probably it is not until then that the homepage will be the priority. I guess that will happen when we start to prepare for live shows and as the album is closer to being released

Regarding WITW:
You made a lot of good observations in your post about twhich songs that have been mentioned etc -very nice!
The WITW-theme connection was good but that is actually not the case. I must say that I believe that the main focus of the album and the long one is pretty well hidden so far...
We'll get back to you on that on! ;-)

Woah :yow: That's all I was able to say after watching that vid for at least a dozen times over, before spreading it to all my mates....:OMG:

This album is going to be so epic! Thank you so much for sharing those snippets, makes the wait more bearable, but on the other hand it puts the anticipation levels on a new high :D

btw, love the:
check the forum for (semi-)regular updates

Regarding WITW:
You made a lot of good observations in your post about twhich songs that have been mentioned etc -very nice!
The WITW-theme connection was good but that is actually not the case. I must say that I believe that the main focus of the album and the long one is pretty well hidden so far...

Ok, thanks for the quick reply, Andreas. I guess we still have something to look into then.
I listened to the lyrics of 'the long one' and tried to make a connection to a theme but that is a tough nut to crack. The lyrics were deep/burdened - dealing with hope, loss and disappointment.

By the way, I just love how Tommy puts so much emotion in his singing; absolutely amazing

...we start to prepare for live shows...

I really hope there's a lot of them!

OMG!!! I was totally amazed!!! Stupendo, belllissimo, merveuilleux!!!!! Tommy goes better and better each time I listen to him. Never almost listened to a such powerful yet passionate vocalist. And of course Andy's solo is awesome.

One question: I read that you were trying to "break new ground", but these themes remind me a lot of classic SW style. Any opinions?

Weeell... -we don't wanna scare you off with these samples now, do we? ;-)

Seriously though, I do believe that every single song on the album will sound SW and nothing else. That is because we are the same people doing it.
However there are some stuff which we haven't tried before, like the poppier song with fretless bass, a more straight forward song (still pretty wicked I guess, but by our measures) and then the long one. These are all things that are new to us. There is also a new cover artist, a video in the making and also a new guy behind the mixing table. all of these factors put togther in my mind makes this a big difference from before. However, I am still confident that every fan will know it is us in every song, and regardless of if MF or WITW was your favourite I do believe you'll dig this one.

Good to hear from you Andy. I love the classic SW style but also would be pleased of new stuff. A mix of two would be perfect. You know, I'm expecting nothing less than a masterpiece. ;)

Andreas, is it possible for you to tell us a little bit about the mixing?
Is the guy that you've chosen familiar with your previous albums, (prog-)metal in general, has he done anything else before this job and most importantly, will you be overseeing the proces?

Yeah, if there's a new guy, you wanna make sure he's doing it right.. Prog metal is a tough genre to mix, because everything needs to sound powerful yet still crystal clear and tight.

Sure, I guess it is about time to let the world know who the choice was.
We tried 5 different mixes from people at different levels with different backgrounds and experiences.

The choice fell on Erik Mårtensson (http://www.blowoutproductions.se/ ) who did a great job on the W.E.T album (featuring Jeff Scott Soto) but who has also worked with Eclipse, Giant, Brazen Abbot, Divine Fire etc.

He did a great job on the test mix and collaboration so far has been outstanding. I, we all feel, that this will do the production justice. The first taste of his work will be heard on the video that is to be released sometime in August (hopefully...).

Regarding new songs in Norway... -I guess we simply have to try at least one or two new songs out, right...? :devil:

Lucky norwegian bastards :p

Buuhu....you hurt my feelings ;)

But i'm sure that SW are gonna fix them.:)

Btw, the show mentioned is taking place in Sandefjord, Norway on Aug. 20th. at a rather small stage/venue called Hammersmiths. Sandefjord is easy accessable from a various of places down Europe since Ryan Air is flying to Torp airport just outside town allthough the airport is listed as Oslo/torp on the Ryan air website. And yes, Illusion Suite is support band.
Get your asses over here....:D

about Martensson, yeah it's good choice, Wet and Eclipse sound well, though I don't like the sound of (last) Giant and the Divinefire stuff..... anyway, it's very promising....

Btw, the show mentioned is taking place in Sandefjord, Norway on Aug. 20th. at a rather small stage/venue called Hammersmiths. Sandefjord is easy accessable from a various of places down Europe since Ryan Air is flying to Torp airport just outside town allthough the airport is listed as Oslo/torp on the Ryan air website. And yes, Illusion Suite is support band.
Get your asses over here....:D

Actually, I might consider it, if you offer me a place to crash and the guys from the band offer me a beer after the show :p Never been to Norway before :p

Edit: I can fly to Oslo Rygge for around 24 euros (excluding bag), from Eindhoven. Depart august 19th from Eindhoven, depart august 21st from oslo rygge. I'm even more seriously considering now, if you'll at least offer transport, or be my guide on the 20th (and buy my ticket there, I'll pay you back!) :p I can prolly stay in a hostel or at the airport for the two nights.