Studio-log

@Cello

I checked the Ryanair-site as well. What do you think; do they only aprove the handluggage-bag from Ryanair itself or is a normal bag - a little bagpack -acceptable as well (if not, does that mean you're going without any sort of baggage)?

@Cello

I checked the Ryanair-site as well. What do you think; do they only aprove the handluggage-bag from Ryanair itself or is a normal bag - a little bagpack -acceptable as well (if not, does that mean you're going without any sort of baggage)?

imo they should accept a backpack as handluggage you shouldn't pay for. Hell, I'll sit with it on my lap the entire flight if they want me to :p

I'm in the process of checking out how to get back and forth for you guys if you land on Rygge/Oslo airport..just give me till tomorrow and i'll have some options for you. :)

The theme is very well hidden, i don't think anybody will find out the whole theme until the album is released. I heard in some of those lyrics based on currents-water, distruction, and redemption, and the angel like lyrics too....it would be cool if it had to do with the old vs new- in biblical overtones, the destruction of the earth- the old testiment, God's promise, and the resurrection(new) promise theme, maybe a little revelation thrown in there- but I'm probably way off here, but it sounds pretty cool..... :popcorn:

@Cello

You're allowed to bring your own backpack, as long as it's not exceeding the permitted 10 kilos of weight (which should be no problem, ofcourse).

Note that Rygge is on the other side of the sea (the Oslofjord), and that this will add some hours to your fare. See if you can make it to Torp instead!

I also have something to say about the last video update. The harmonic prospects of the next SW album seemed to have changed from the last time. As far as what the last video tells me, SW has integrated a more free tonality than the more traditional from the last record. The modulations are bolder, and this have a tendency to bring more variation, tonally. I see Tommy also is experimenting more with his high-pitched voice, without distorting it, and that's something we've seen rather rarely from earlier.
I'm looking forward to this as a child to christmas, and the last video just got me even more excited. Keep on going, guys!

I'll by the way see you all in Sandefjord! Looking forward to seeing SW for the second time. :hotjump:

Edit:
I went through the video again, and discovered that parts of the chord progressions are extremely similar to some of what you find in loads of classical music, especially from the first viennese school

@ ohma

I checked if what you suggested was possible but there is no line from Eindhoven to Torp, the only possibility is Rygge. That is a shame (I checked how much Torp and Sandefjord are apart), it'll cost me some extra hours indeed.

@ Aran

Did you find the time to check out some possibilities to get from Rygge to Sandefjord? Arrival on thursday the 19th will be at 16:15.

@ Aran

Did you find the time to check out some possibilities to get from Rygge to Sandefjord? Arrival on thursday the 19th will be at 16:15.

I posted some info on Marcel's facebook yesterday. Don't know if you're on facebook as well, but if you are you'll find some there. And if so, feel free to add me as well. :)

No need to be worried Kazar :)
Some of the guys in the band (including me :D ) have started their vacations now and currently im in the upper north of sweden, enjoying low temperature and heavy rain :bah:
Next week, im meting up Johan in Denmark to see Toto.
After that, its time to finish up in the studio..

Johan has about one day of guitarwork left to do, and about the same for me in keyboardland.
Tommy is working on the choirs and what i've heard so far is simply amazing!

Im sure you all are going to love this album!

About the mixing and mastering,
Most of us needed a little more studiotime than we first thought, so the mixing will take place in the middle of august.

Now, time for a couple of cold one's.. cheers! :D

Where in the upper north?

What a nice time I had when I was watching the studio updates ... I really looking forward to hear the result but when will we hear it ?
Is it possible to get a hint when it will be released ?

I've been enjoying the studio cuts on youtube also and am really anticipating hearing the finished product. I guess recording continues then editing, production, etc., but are we looking at getting our hands on CDs in the next 3-4 months or could we be waiting until next year?

I'm proud to say that Seventh Wonder is the overall favorite band of my household! It's great to be able to enjoy this great band with my teenagers!

Hi all!

The recording process of this album did get prolonged and required more time in the studio than initially anticipated, mostly because of the complex song structures and vast amount of vocals.

However, we would like you to know that almost every aspect of the post production has been done in parallell to the extent it was possible this time around. This means that as soon as we press "stop" for the last time in the studio the distance to goal is a lot shorter than normal.

Given that we probably miss the September time frame I do not want to specualate on an exact release date yet, but it will certainly not be winter before the release that is for sure and we are still aiming for a video release for September 1st.

So, sorry for the delay but I hope you understand that we just want to make sure it gets to be as good as it can be, and thank you for your kind patience and support.

Andreas & band

Like I said before; I'd rather wait a few months extra with an album that will kick our asses than having an album that was released on time JUST BECAUSE 'it has to be released on time' - with a lot of fillers and a sloppy sound.

The video (probably) will appear in September so that will be a (more than) nice teaser for the album.

......mostly because of the complex song structures and vast amount of vocals.

:headbang::headbang:

No prob whatsoever, Andreas :D You should know by now we'd stick by the band through thick and thin and we're patient to boot! :) Though I can't wait to see you guys in Norway in august. Me and Kazar are full on preparing for that now! :D

..... Me and Kazar are full on preparing for that now! :D

Yep! Really looking forward to that, Cello.
The gig will be two weeks from today. Thursday (the outward journey), friday and saturday (the return) will feel like a little adventure.

well, I would have liked a september release, now we have to wait until october, daaaaaamn :D

however, the longer the wait the better the final product, right? I said: RIGHT???? :D :D

That's right! :hotjump:

In fact, I have spent a lot of time in the studio with Tommy lately making some last minute arrangements and re-arranging some vital parts and we really believe it was a great improvement.

"...we're holding on, within this cradle of confusion, we paint no rainbows in the dark, as we fade away.
and for so long, I was the wielder of illusions....
"

(the lyrics will be cool too!)

Thank you for the update, Andreas. Ah, it is always disappointing to know we have to wait a bit longer, but honestly, I'm used to it, and I definitely prefer to wait a few extra months and get a perfectly crafted record, like the two last ones, maybe even better !
I think you're doing already so well for an independant band, with day jobs, etc. I know many bands like yours and I imagine how difficult it must be, most of the time, to find some spare time to create such complex music, record it, produce it... It is quite incredible to me, actually.
So, the best of luck to the five of you, and I just keep waiting eagerly. :hotjump:
Marc