Studio-log

Thank you for the update, Andreas. Ah, it is always disappointing to know we have to wait a bit longer, but honestly, I'm used to it, and I definitely prefer to wait a few extra months and get a perfectly crafted record, like the two last ones, maybe even better !
I think you're doing already so well for an independant band, with day jobs, etc. I know many bands like yours and I imagine how difficult it must be, most of the time, to find some spare time to create such complex music, record it, produce it... It is quite incredible to me, actually.
So, the best of luck to the five of you, and I just keep waiting eagerly. :hotjump:
Marc

I agree with all, except "extra months" :(

In Australia you could say that the lyrics are 'fully sick brah'.

In all seriousness though, there is no issue with calling lyrics 'cool'. The word is so versatile, it can be used in almost any context.

In Australia you could say that the lyrics are 'fully sick brah'.

In all seriousness though, there is no issue with calling lyrics 'cool'. The word is so versatile, it can be used in almost any context.

of course ;)

anyway, a beer is cool, a girl is cool...... lyrics must be AWESOME!!! :lol:

I want the new album now!

as soon as you have one completed song would you please post it in like myspace or something, pretty please??

Thanks, much respect!

Right now we have 100% focus on the live shows, but Everything in the album is finished except for backing vocals on some of the tracks.

Within a fortnight we aim to be able to provide y'all out there:
* The new video!
* The tracklist of the album
* The artwork

So -hang in there! It won't be long now! :hotjump:

Andreas has been very forthcoming with band updates in the past 5-6 months. I think people have just gotten too spoilt and impatient with all the constant attention :D

Try spending a bit of time over at the Symphony X U-M forum, and compare the frequency of studio updates you get from Jax! Or, follow the release schedule for Wintersun's 'Time'. Funny stuff haha.

Right now we have 100% focus on the live shows, but Everything in the album is finished except for backing vocals on some of the tracks.

Within a fortnight we aim to be able to provide y'all out there:
* The new video!
* The tracklist of the album
* The artwork

So -hang in there! It won't be long now! :hotjump:

Fortnight as in two weeks? oh boy, oh boy!

---

By the way, I know it's got nothing to do with SW, but a good friend of mine recorded his first album this year (at his apartment, very good quality nevertheless) and I'd like to share it with all you guys, basically to advertise his music, but also cause I think many of you might enjoy it, because of its psychedelic elements. The album can be downloaded for free by going to the following link:

The main influences for the album are guys like Bob Dylan, John Lennon & Jim Morrison (the three geniuses according to my friend), The Beatles & The Doors can also be cited as influences for the album. And on top of it all, there's some funk in there (in the song I play guitar :devil:) as well as some bluesy melodies and lots of psychedelia.

Hope nobody finds this too offensive, I'm simply sharing some quality music.

This is GREAT NEWS, Andreas! We are SOOOOO looking forward to it and I know you all worked hard to give us something special - you always deliver!

@El Chafa: it's downloading, will let you know what I think soon :D

@Andreas: Can't wait for more info on the new album. After hearing the intro yesterday I'm seriously looking forward to hearing the 'long one'. Will there be a hint as to how long it will actually be? :) I'm a sucker for epic songs, so this might turn into my all-time favorite song by you guys (pushing Edge of my Blade and Not an Angel to a shared second place :p )

@El Chafa: it's downloading, will let you know what I think soon :D

@Andreas: Can't wait for more info on the new album. After hearing the intro yesterday I'm seriously looking forward to hearing the 'long one'. Will there be a hint as to how long it will actually be? :) I'm a sucker for epic songs, so this might turn into my all-time favorite song by you guys (pushing Edge of my Blade and Not an Angel to a shared second place :p )

how could you listen to the intro?? :eek:

Anyway, Andreas said "a fortnight" but I'm SURE he meant 8-9 days :D

how could you listen to the intro?? :eek:

Kazar (Arjan) and I were at the gig in Sandefjord, Norway on friday. Before they started with Unbreakable there was an intro, which I was told was part of 'the long one' (it contained a lot similar to what you can hear Tommy sing on the second part of the last studio update video)

:hotjump:

Was just asking the questions so he can answer them next time he reads this thread :D

yes I see, and I read the guys have played a new song...... looking for some kind of bootleg.... :D

Ummm... guys:

Seventh Wonder - Alley Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to kinda close this thread officially:

-today the last (God willing) new thing that is to be recorded for TGE was completed. This means that the studio will be closed for this time and we will spend more time in the big room playing instruments rather than being in the control room.

It was indeed a long process and at least as painful as ever before. However, having just spent a couple of days working with the mix I think it will be pretty good.
This upcoming weekend is also entirely devoted to mixing and the upcoming week too, but then we ship the goods to Lion Music for the post production phase.

Being this close to project and also considering that it isn't even finished yet it is totally impossible to evaluate the result or be either happy or displeased. I do think it will be another SW album that sounds like what SW fans have come to expect but with a few new things.

Just from a personal level I can at least say that the bass playing on this album will kick the ass of everything I've ever recorded before. If this was my swansong I'd go out in style!

I am pretty sure the rest of the boys feel the same way, so if we just for the heck of it assume that we didn't loose the ability to write good songs as well, I think that The Great Escape will be another bright chapter in Seventh Wonder history.

Thank you for being along for the ride!