Studio-log

Ok, let's see what we have so far:

I think that the CONCEPT/THEME of the album is: cycles / passage of time.

Why? Well, what does the spider mean? Most spiders have eight eyes and all spiders have eight legs. The number eight is a symbol of infinity – it’s an eight turned on its side – and so the spider represents continuation, repetition, cycles and passage of time.
A clock of course, is a symbol for passage of time as well.

Regarding the SONGS, so far we have;
- The Opener,
- The Long One (aka The Marathon One aka The Great One),
- The Straight Forward Rocker,
- The Weird Proggy One,
- The Angel Song,
- The Africa Song and,
- The Slow Song.

All these ‘names’ have been mentioned but it is of course possible that “The Opener’ is another name for ‘The Straight Forward Rocker’.

I guess that the titletrack will be ‘The Long One’. It gives the boys all the time....;)....to elaborate on the concept/theme of the album.
Finally, and this may come as a surprise, we also have a song called “The Tyrant And The Mirror” which will be the continuation of the song “Waiting in the Wings”.........:p

Ok, let's see what we have so far:

I think that the CONCEPT/THEME of the album is: cycles / passage of time.

Why? Well, what does the spider mean? Most spiders have eight eyes and all spiders have eight legs. The number eight is a symbol of infinity – it’s an eight turned on its side – and so the spider represents continuation, repetition, cycles and passage of time.
A clock of course, is a symbol for passage of time as well.

Regarding the SONGS, so far we have;
- The Opener,
- The Long One (aka The Marathon One aka The Great One),
- The Straight Forward Rocker,
- The Weird Proggy One,
- The Angel Song,
- The Africa Song and,
- The Slow Song.

All these ‘names’ have been mentioned but it is of course possible that “The Opener’ is another name for ‘The Straight Forward Rocker’.

I guess that the titletrack will be ‘The Long One’. It gives the boys all the time....;)....to elaborate on the concept/theme of the album.
Finally, and this may come as a surprise, we also have a song called “The Tyrant And The Mirror” which will be the continuation of the song “Waiting in the Wings”.........:p

Wow, all these speculations, again, remind me of Dream Theater...... weird thoughts!!!! :ill:

BTW, nice explanation Kazar :headbang:

One thing crossed my mind; what if.....

...the titletrack IS the continuation of "Like Him" and "Waiting in the Wings"...?!!

The spider symbols continuation, repetition and cycles.
The boy in the story didn't want to be become like his father but eventually (as time passes by) DID become like him - "Oh, how I swore I'd fight what he was and I'd never be like him" but in the end he has become what he detested the most, "A tyrant sighs in the mirror".....

His own story is a repetition of his father's, the cycle has been completed!

One thing crossed my mind; what if.....

...the titletrack IS the continuation of "Like Him" and "Waiting in the Wings"...?!!

His own story is a repetition of his father's, the cycle has been completed!

Looking at the numbers being backwards on the artwork and the clocks, perhaps it signifies turning back time, going back in time, someone looking back on his life to find out how he turned out the way just like his dad. Or perhaps looking back and making sure any possible children don't turn out the way he did.

That might also explain the grey and gloomy colours used in the artwork so far.

Could the spider also signify danger though? Since its red back is the only brightly colored part in the artwork.

I wonder what the moon would stand for in the top right corner. Could add to the gloomy idea.

Is it going to be a gloomy album, Andreas?

Hey folks,
just a quick update from keyboardland..
I have had some technical problems and things have taken much more time than i expected, but i'm almost there now. :kickass:
There are two solos to be recorded and some small fixes left.
Then i'll bring it all to the mixerguy and its ALOT of keyboardtracks!
On one song, there is actually 21 keyboardtracks :heh:

Well, it all sounds really cool already and i'm sure you will love it!

Bye for now
/ Kyrrrt

Awesome! Thanks for the update, Kyrt! You know, the only thing we've been missing are some videos from keyboardland.. I mean, we've got clips from every other instrument. Just sayin :p

Thanks for all the studio updates and reports ... Really looking forward to hear this record, see the video and of course see you live again!

21 keyboardtracks on one track; that sounds like a pretty spectacular song to me!
I assume this is the song that contains the orchestral part you were talking about (on page 3)?

Oh crap, I hope the concept isn't as complicated as Kazar said it was... Because it took me months to figure out what the heck Octavarium even meant. However, Oct. is now my favorite album/song so... I'm nervous /excited and can't wait for September!!

Guys, I'm absolutely psyched about the new album and want to congratulate you on your previous albums as well!

The one question I can't leave un-asked is, will there be any instrumentals on SW IV? I would love to listen to a highly complicated ;) instrumental by you guys!

Cheers from a fan from Uruguay!

Jajajajaja yeah, and Bogliacino is uruguayan too hehe. But dont start with football here.....I think this is the only place in which the world cup is not the main topic hahahahaha
Just kidding though ;)

Jajajajaja yeah, and Bogliacino is uruguayan too hehe. But dont start with football here.....I think this is the only place in which the world cup is not the main topic hahahahaha
Just kidding though ;)

ahahahah we have Gargano, Bogliacino and Nicolas Amodio.

I can't wait for you all to come to Atlanta in September!!!! I'm having nightmare's about how good the album is going to be :)