Studio-log

2 weeks in the studio already; good work, Kyrt.
Tomorrow, Im putting my Bachwig on and start the work with an orchestral piece.

This got me exited as well. I really love those huge, bombastic/epic stuff in the SW-songs!

The keyboardsound on WITW and MF is simply stunning, hope this will work out just as good (or even better, of course).

Honestly,i've never in my life anticipated some release like this one!!!
Anyway, i am really REALLY intersted in that keyboradland stuff you mentoned :)

I think I saw some little clocks just before the 'reply to thread'-page occured.
Anyone else noticed that?

Maybe another little hint regarding the title or some track(s)?
Ah, I just love those little nuggets..

I think I saw some little clocks just before the 'reply to thread'-page occured.
Anyone else noticed that?

Maybe another little hint regarding the title or some track(s)?
Ah, I just love those little nuggets..

yeah..... maybe....... and the spider???

Andreas said the spider was a hint towards the artwork for the new album somewhere (can't remember where exactly), so I'm guessing the clocks are part of the same.

unfortunately looks like Dream Theater.... damn!! :D

Folks!! I have been working on what we refer to as "the opener" and I think it is going to rock! The last couple of weeks I`ve been struggling with a sore troath and due to that everything just takes a little more time, but have no worries as I am on the motherf_____r !!!:loco:

Stay tuned!

Just got back from Studio Wonderland were I´ve been strugling with the rythem guitar. Things are going well but it all takes alot of time since I like to overdub all the rythem parts :loco:. (longing for the solos when I don´t have to play everything twice.... ) Just a couple more songs to record then it will be time for the clean/acoustic guitar and for some tricky solos.
-Johan

That must be the nightmare of a singer; having throat-trouble during the making of an album. Hopefully everything is smooth again, Tommy. We need that voice, take good care of it and take all the time you need!

Good to hear from the axe man as well. It's nice to read that the acoustic guitar will be played on the album again.
Also good luck with those solos, Johan. I'm pretty sure you've got some tasty, melodic (and maybe even a little shreddy-)stuff prepared for us!

go on guys, we're awaiting a new masterpiece :)

hope it's gonna be a bit different from your previous records, a great band like you never does the same record twice ;)
and of course I'm expecting bass/guitar/keys solos...... :D

Thanks for taking the time to post all those news and videos ! That is really nice. I thought the bass parts sounded great.. funny how your approach is looking like a lead guitar player's approach, Andreas. I loved the possibility to hear piano/key with bass, without guitar. Some melodic parts on those videos aren't only impressing from a technical point of view, they are tasteful and strong from a melodic point of view. and it's nice to have a lighter sound... Bombastic parts are OK, but too much loud parts kill the heart of the music. Too many progmetal bands don't know what it is to make sometimes softer parts and lighter arrangements in places. One band that I love which do this like no other is Shadow Gallery. I hope it's going to be the case on SW4. I crave for another big orchestral epic ballad, too, and I'm still eager for those classical music influences here and there.
It's very enjoyable to read you'll break new ground with this record and will try different things... maybe out of the usual metal genre, don't be afraid to do so, really (OK, that's a prog fan speaking). Good luck with the coming work. I'm very eager to see new videos. Marc

Thanks for taking the time to post all those news and videos ! That is really nice. I thought the bass parts sounded great.. funny how your approach is looking like a lead guitar player's approach, Andreas. I loved the possibility to hear piano/key with bass, without guitar. Some melodic parts on those videos aren't only impressing from a technical point of view, they are tasteful and strong from a melodic point of view. and it's nice to have a lighter sound... Bombastic parts are OK, but too much loud parts kill the heart of the music. Too many progmetal bands don't know what it is to make sometimes softer parts and lighter arrangements in places. One band that I love which do this like no other is Shadow Gallery. I hope it's going to be the case on SW4. I crave for another big orchestral epic ballad, too, and I'm still eager for those classical music influences here and there.
It's very enjoyable to read you'll break new ground with this record and will try different things... maybe out of the usual metal genre, don't be afraid to do so, really (OK, that's a prog fan speaking). Good luck with the coming work. I'm very eager to see new videos. Marc

Read and signed, Marc :)