Studio Monitors - Yes or No?

nsguitar, people might be inclined to believe a typo or a quick misunderstanding, but its constantly happening. At least once a week you say something where the other members are like uh no dude your a little off, and then you come back with something like, oh yea, i fucked up, typo'd, misunderstood, but after awhile of doing the same thing every time makes you come of as a clueless idiot trying to backtrack to get people to believe you or for some way to keep your dignity. And when you do have a little fuck up, hell even the little ones that most of us would cough up if were us, you have to deny it saying shit like, no i am not lying or, no you guys are wrong, become extremely defensive and end up saying more things that results in you backtracking your words to prevent yourself from digging an even bigger hole and the process continues. Regardless of the few guys that do have beef with you, what I just described sums up about what everyone else thinks of you. And being non-confrontational when someone is calling you out just does nothing more than make people hate you more, as Ermz said, this is a metal forum, being nice and playing the peace keeper is not going to help anyones case, you have to tell people to fuck off, that is if your not backtracking yourself trying to cover up a lie.

Now god damn it, Lasse, lock this thread, We definitely are beating a dead horse and its trashing up the forum :lol:

before this gets locked...

let me say one thing.

beating-a-dead-horse.jpg

nsguitar, people might be inclined to believe a typo or a quick misunderstanding, but its constantly happening. At least once a week you say something where the other members are like uh no dude your a little off, and then you come back with something like, oh yea, i fucked up, typo'd, misunderstood, but after awhile of doing the same thing every time makes you come of as a clueless idiot trying to backtrack to get people to believe you or for some way to keep your dignity. And when you do have a little fuck up, hell even the little ones that most of us would cough up if were us, you have to deny it saying shit like, no i am not lying or, no you guys are wrong, become extremely defensive and end up saying more things that results in you backtracking your words to prevent yourself from digging an even bigger hole and the process continues. Regardless of the few guys that do have beef with you, what I just described sums up about what everyone else thinks of you. And being non-confrontational when someone is calling you out just does nothing more than make people hate you more, as Ermz said, this is a metal forum, being nice and playing the peace keeper is not going to help anyones case, you have to tell people to fuck off, that is if your not backtracking yourself trying to cover up a lie.

Now god damn it, Lasse, lock this thread, We definitely are beating a dead horse and its trashing up the forum :lol:
I understand. Thank you for that dude.

I'll be more direct from now on. Thanks! =)

Very interesting. See, I've been in a fully treated studio before and it didn't seem to make that much of a difference. I've got plenty of experience with it, I just sincerely never noticed a drastic difference. I did notice a small one, but that is all. Maybe I'm just so used to the gear I'm using that I know what sounds right coming out of it, and I'm not used to hearing it in different environments?

I just got my room treated and fuck, my Alesis M1 520 [I know its crap] doesn't sound loud as usual, and its clipping [showing that I need to upgrade my Monitor to bigger one]. Yes, Acoustic Treatment really give me huge differences and forced me to work harder on mixing as I can hear there're lots of weird frequency that I did not notice before :p so then, treat your room. Don't fool ur ears hehe.

Btw, I'm moving to get new Monitors, planning on getting VXT 6 but there's no stock, should I get Yamaha HS80 instead?

Haha thankyou for bumping this thread,
Go to your nearest store and try a few pairs and you'll work out what you want fairly quickly :)

Wow, I missed this thread first time around. What a hilarious pile of shit.

It's things like this that make me think that in order to be called ANY sort of engineer you need to have some education in general physical principles.

:lol:

This thread.

My room isn't treated (still getting round to it; it's a rented flat, so I need to be careful) but I'm not in ANYWAY about to say that I don't need to do it. Of fucking course I need to do it!!

YES! GOD YES!

changed my life completely, taught me how to analyze mixes in a different way and apply it to my own work. and on top of that, for music the sound is just way better than any hifi-system.

i have KRK RP5's in a relatively small bedroom, works wonders. when I compare them to my ol' hifis (yes, I A/B with them sometimes) it's like listening to everything through a garbagecan in a meat freezer or something.

I hate what all my old threads became. :cry:
If anybody is interested (probably not) : In the end I bought a pair of Adam A3X and they were worth every "dollar" (Actually i payed with € :D).
My mixes improved alot. But I still have problems with getting the low-end right. Often it comes out more than tiny. That's why I'll
buy the Adam Sub8 in a few months.

Jan [MTW];9812455 said:
I hate what all my old threads became. :cry:
If anybody is interested (probably not) : In the end I bought a pair of Adam A3X and they were worth every "dollar" (Actually i payed with € :D).
My mixes improved alot. But I still have problems with getting the low-end right. Often it comes out more than tiny. That's why I'll

And did you treat your room?

oh yeah dude, low end wont improve if you just buy new monitors. treatment is crucial. if room is not treated you get (most likely, like a pal of mine) notches about 12 dbs (he had like two of them, one at 120hz with -15 db....with an o300+800 system:)). also placement is important too.....

oh yeah dude, low end wont improve if you just buy new monitors. treatment is crucial. if room is not treated you get (most likely, like a pal of mine) notches about 12 dbs (he had like two of them, one at 120hz with -15 db....with an o300+800 system:)). also placement is important too.....

Sorry, but was that direceted to me?
I am not the one who has questions or problems about that. I have my monitors and I'll treat my room next month. :p

Jan [MTW];9812455 said:
I still have problems with getting the low-end right. Often it comes out more than tiny. That's why I'll

You mean your mixes are coming out bass light? If that's the case then the LAST thing you need is a subwoofer.

As far as bass traps go its cheap and easy to build some using rockwool, some wood and a bit of fabric.