Suffocation - Souls To Deny

anonymousnick2001 said:
At the risk of sounding racist, I find a great deal of comfort in the fact that one of death metal's greatest guitarists(no argument there) is a black dude.

*turns on T.V. and sees 50 Cent*

*shakes head*
How would that sound racist? It would be racist if you said that he could never be a good death metal guitarist because he is black, which would also be moronic.

Heard the rest of it. Wasn't too overtly impressed. Sounded like a mix between Pierced(boo) and Despise(yay), with more emphasis on Pierced. I thought some of Effigy was sound was supposed to pop up, and Effigy is my favorite Suffocation album. :(

VitalMarcus said:
I love Effigy, it doesn't try to be overtly technical to me like Pierced is. Effigy is just old school, head's down brutal death. That's why I love it so much.
I agree the production on Effigy isn't as clear as their later releases, which is why most people don't pick it as their favorite, it took more time for me to soak this whole cd in because you have to listen harder to hear the riffs completely... but all their cds are great.........Torn Into Enthrallment is one of the best songs I have ever heard

Spirit In Black said:
I agree the production on Effigy isn't as clear as their later releases, which is why most people don't pick it as their favorite, it took more time for me to soak this whole cd in because you have to listen harder to hear the riffs completely
Hopefully they will re-master and release an improved version sometime.
*hopes and wishes*

just got souls to deny, i like it a whole lot. its a little more melodic which is weird, but its growing on me. my only complaint is the lack of those slow pounding breakdowns like they had on the first songs of pierced from within and despise the sun. those were always one of my favorite things about suffocation.

oneshotendsthiswar said:
just got souls to deny, i like it a whole lot. its a little more melodic which is weird, but its growing on me. my only complaint is the lack of those slow pounding breakdowns like they had on the first songs of pierced from within and despise the sun. those were always one of my favorite things about suffocation.
The breakdown at the end of Subconsciously Enslaved is amazing.....reminds me of the end of Bloodchurn or The Invoking

Oceanic Motion said:
Anyone else heard this yawnfest? Man am I disappointed! This sounds like a record you'd expect a Suffo-clone to come out with. :ill: What does anyone else think? :erk:

No I wouldn't call it a yawn-fest at all. I think its quite good. "Imortally Condemned" and "Subconciously Enslaved" are as good a death metal song as you could ask for. :headbang:

Anyone who says this album is boring or disappointing probably thinks of themselves as a Rolling Stone scribe or something... :Smug:

Need to go have your ears cleaned, grab a q-tip and dig out that earwax.

The difference between the "old veterans" and the latest generation is that SUFFOCATION, like MORBID ANGEL and a few others actually write songs that are both brutal as fuck and memorable. That is important.

That being said, Souls To Deny is Brutal Death Fucking Metal the way it is supposed to be. :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Papa Josh said:
Anyone who says this album is boring or disappointing probably thinks of themselves as a Rolling Stone scribe or something... :Smug:

Need to go have your ears cleaned, grab a q-tip and dig out that earwax.

The difference between the "old veterans" and the latest generation is that SUFFOCATION, like MORBID ANGEL and a few others actually write songs that are both brutal as fuck and memorable. That is important.

That being said, Souls To Deny is Brutal Death Fucking Metal the way it is supposed to be. :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
:headbang:

Papa Josh said:

You know, I can't even remember one song on Heretic.