Suggested Bands For Bloodstock 2004

Fanjad Nuts said:
Totally agree with MDB & Anathema but what about Budgie or Angelwitch ! And while we are at it here's my other hopeful's : Manowar, Rhapsody, Nevermore, Arch Enemy, Nile, Morbid Angel, Serpents Kiss.........
who are you fanjad you should be asking for class acts like the darkness or funeral for a friend pure class-----serpents kiss ROOOOOCCCCKKKK !!!!!!!!!

Ill add my thoughts in particular order:
Electric Wizard (possibly known as RamessessII now, im unsure)
Orange Goblin
Cathedral (of griff's new side project Father)
Napalm Death
UNGL'UNL'RRLH'CHCHCH
My Dying Bride
Running wild
Hammerfall
Edguy
Gravedigger

Bands that DEFINATELY need to be included in the line-up are:
CHILDREN OF BODOM
THERION
KREATOR
HELLOWEEN
ANTHRAX
HYPOCRISY
APOCALIPTA
DIMMU BORGIR
FINNTROLL
KALMAH
NORTHER
KAMELOT
STRATOVARIUS!
luv jako

jako-of-hate said:
Bands that DEFINATELY need to be included in the line-up are:
CHILDREN OF BODOM
THERION
KREATOR
HELLOWEEN
ANTHRAX
HYPOCRISY
APOCALIPTA
DIMMU BORGIR
FINNTROLL
KALMAH
NORTHER
KAMELOT
STRATOVARIUS!
luv jako

Maybe a bit ambitious to have all these at bloodstock. Wacken is a possibility however

I havn't read through the whole of the posts but Threshold should deffinately come back...I mean for fucks sake I didn't get to see them in 2002 and they are most amazing band ever!
So Threshold
Avantasia
Sonata Arctica
Hammerall

Hehehe Megadeth going would just be proper cool like! Is Dave Mustaine doing a solo album? (my mate says he is!) I hadn't even heard that he had recovered at all...has he? :-S

Iced Earth next March in London...Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Baletempest said:
I would like too see Bodom or Dimmu but MDB are still my pick for headliner/guest
Hmmm... strange lad. They were absolutely shite live when I saw them at The Mean Fiddler. I appreciate that there will always be bands at Bloodstock that aren't going to be my thing, and I have no objection to MDB being there. But they're definitely not headlining material...

"Quite possibly the best METAL band from the UK at the moment"
This is a quote from the Bloodstock website about Balance of Power! Yes they are a great band but I mean Threshold......damn man why don't they get the credit they deserve?
I think we should see less power metal at Bloodstock next year! I'm a fan of power metal but theres just too many bands who sound alike....there are very few who stand out above te rest and do something a bit different. Get a few prog metal bands like Fates Warning, Threshold etc!

Tet: They kicked ass big time at the Astoria, but I think you have to be really really into them. That said I have no taste in your eyes, why? I thought Labrat were great when I saw them live in march.