Suggested Bands For Bloodstock 2004

FOAF: Peccatum are only loosly black metal, its not liek they feature Darkthrone now is it, K! are just trying to kiss up to real mettalers now the whole Nu fad is dying and their sales are falling (eg letting Dom Lawson give rave reviews about quality bands). If Stinne came to BS then we'd be over-run with trendies and trendies are shitheads. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with liking mainstream music its just it tends to attract the exact wrong sort of person.

Eagle: yes while that is a good idea it is still gonna alienate big Black/Death/Gothic/Thrash bands (Including a cirtain Norwegian band you seem to be very partial too:)) and its not gonna promote unsigned Power metal acts either. Basicaly Its a nice idea with a couple of fatal flaws.

To be true, nearly everyone i no is going bloodstock, many praying to see the true kings of metal, :worship: MANOWAR. To be fair, Joey may have fallen out with England, but surely if sum1 with anything to do with the band sees how many people want to see them in england, they have to cum. Also, a bit of helloween after masterplan played, a piece of sonata arctica, ruuning wild for fun, hammerfall cause they should have played, and rhapsody cause they just should. Also try for either kamelot or within temptation. :headbang:

The main prob with ManOWar is that they'd eat the entire fest budget but as I wnat BS to get as many followers as possible then I'd welcome MOW with open arms even tho I dislike them musicaly (Tho' I Respect them for what they have contributed to metal in general)

manowar would be incredible but i seriously doubt they can even be concidered according to what ive herd simply cos of the amount of money b/s would have t o pay em, im sure theyd come here if they wer epayed enuf, but i doubt b/s can supply tht amount of money. but im gonna say they fukin rule ne way cos they do :D

and rammstein, jsut no cos what ive herd aint good to be hounest, true it aint my style ne way since im a tradiation/power metaller, but i just wanna get striat that i dont like em cos their music sucks, not cos their in kerrang, i can name a few bands on kerrang that i like, but i aint gonna say em cos i dont wanna embaress myself, lol

Eagle said:
I'd like to see proven quality bands imported for the main slots:

From Europe possibly Stratovarius, Hammerall, Sonata Artcica, Demons And Wizards, Sinergy or Evergrey

From America/Canada possibly, Annihilator, Eidolon, Savatage, Jag Panzer, Seven Witches or Twisted Tower Dire

Hopkins 666 is right and I think the second stage should be UK Underground bands (Black, Death, Grindcore, Thrash) with Fourwaykill to headline!

Also Princeofdarkness is right about rammstein, just because kerrang now support bloodstock we don't another fucking alternative nu punk download scuzzfest with shit like funeralforafriend on the bill ;)
We (Jag Panzer) would be VERY interested in playing Bloodstock.

We've been trying to get a UK gig for years.

Mark Briody

Briody said:
We (Jag Panzer) would be VERY interested in playing Bloodstock.

We've been trying to get a UK gig for years.

Mark Briody
Hey Mark, long time no see. I've been keeping an eye out but i haven't seen you on the IMBB for an age, is everything going ok with you?

Eagle said:
Also Princeofdarkness is right about rammstein, just because kerrang now support bloodstock we don't another fucking alternative nu punk download scuzzfest with shit like funeralforafriend on the bill ;)
Here we'll have to disagree. Rammstein are a live experience not to be missed. Seriously. Don't let the fact that Kerrap! like them put you off. Their last album, "Mutter" was utterly excellent. But you don't need to worry about them being at Bloodstock. For a start, they're too big a band. But also, Vince has said the venue don't allow pyros, which is a major part of their live show. I'd probably agree with you about Funeral For A Friend, though :) And to think that the rest of Europe get Gamma Ray supporting Maiden :-(

Tet said:
Here we'll have to disagree. Rammstein are a live experience not to be missed. Seriously. Don't let the fact that Kerrap! like them put you off. Their last album, "Mutter" was utterly excellent. But you don't need to worry about them being at Bloodstock. For a start, they're too big a band. But also, Vince has said the venue don't allow pyros, which is a major part of their live show. I'd probably agree with you about Funeral For A Friend, though :) And to think that the rest of Europe get Gamma Ray supporting Maiden :-(
Actually most of Europe get FFAF, it was just the first half dozen or so shows that got Gamma Ray

oozily said:
Hey Mark, long time no see. I've been keeping an eye out but i haven't seen you on the IMBB for an age, is everything going ok with you?
Hello! Good to see your name again!

I actually thought that Maiden took down all the boards.

But I ran into some people on tour who told me otherwise. But right after the tour I had to go to Gettysburg to work on the Iced Earth DVD.

So now that I have a bit more time, I will go back to the Maiden board.

Mark

Surely if an artist wants to play and are in demend then there should be no reason not to ask them. I'm not a fan (well I've never heard any of their stuff) but if JP wanna play I'll back it (partially 'cos Atilla Cshir said he wanted to play a LOT of live dates with Aborym, hint hint)

Mistress' new album rules, infinitely better than the first (which was ace) and with a great sence of humor (Piss for blood, Shit for Brains). Plus they only live in brum, the drummer is in Frost and does live drums for a cirtain Italian BM band...:) Please

I have said it before and will say it again, SONATA ARCTICA HAVE TO PLAY BLOODSTOCK AS THEIR UK DEBUT! :D They would go down a treat, and they really are a great band.

It would be good to have some more black metal type stuff anyway, but like you say neo-nazi type music doesn't really deserve attention no matter how good it is. That's my view anyway.

I'm getting excited about hearing Revontulet live!! :loco:

I'm also sure the lineup this year will be as good as previous, but yeah bands I would LOVE to see return would be Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray and Freedom Call. Definately CoB too...

Briody said:
Hello! Good to see your name again!

I actually thought that Maiden took down all the boards.

But I ran into some people on tour who told me otherwise. But right after the tour I had to go to Gettysburg to work on the Iced Earth DVD.

So now that I have a bit more time, I will go back to the Maiden board.

Mark
Cool, i will keep and eye out for you :)

Although the Maiden Bb is not what is once was, after it lost the general chat forum and was reduced to pretty much just Maiden related topics it just doesn't have the enjoyment factor that it used to have.

I'm still hanging around there everyday though.

btw, PM winging it's way to you shortly.