SUICIDE SILENCE SHEET MUSIC. RHYTHMICAL ANALYSIS.

JOEPERKINSMUSIC

Joe Perkins - Music
Jul 29, 2014
joeperkinsmusic.com
Hi Guys,

:devil:

For anyone who's interested, please check out my musical analysis of Suicide Silence and various other bands. I am a music graduate from City University, and a performer/composer.. but generally love METAL. Check it out..

"Similarly to Death Metal, the synchresis between kick drum and snare is apparent, although at 120bpm it is arguable that the rhythmic pattern found in b. 2 and b. 4 could be defined as a blast-*‐beat. (The blast-*‐beats discussed in ‘scars of the crucifix’ were performed at 190bpm). Other than this, there are similarities to ‘Metalcore breakdowns’, such as snare on beat three and the china cymbal being used (in the same way to the ride cymbal in a Death Metal context) i.e. every crotchet beat of the bar. In addition to this, the kick drum shares the same
rhythmical pattern as the guitar and bass parts. This example demonstrates that Deathcore percussion is inherently determined by the guitars, (on the basis that the guitar riffs are composed before the drum parts) or vice versa. When drum fills and percussive embellishments are added, they are most commonly seen in a predetermined beat (the fourth beat of the bar) and as a consequence only ‘intensify’ the rhythm to lead into the next bar or structurally important measure; achieved by blast-*‐beats and faster double kick drum articulation. The constant as a stylistic aspect of Deathcore percussion is a crash cymbal on every crotchet beat and a snare on every third beat of the bar. Deathcore music, is usually performed at a slightly slower tempo, my given examples are performed at 120bpm and 140bpm. I have concluded that these tempi are extremely important to sustain elements of both Death Metal and Metalcore music; ‘half-*‐ time breakdowns’ and semiquaver ‘blasts’ still work effectively." Joe Perkins

FOR THE FULL LINK PDF WITH TRANSCRIPTIONS/SHEET MUSIC

https://joeperkinsmusic.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/popular-music-joe-perkins.pdf

FOR MY WEBSITE (AND OTHER MUSICAL WRITINGS ETC.):

http://joeperkinsmusic.com

Hope you all enjoy, please let me know if you would like to use my writing at all. All works on my website are owned by me.

CHEERS,

JOE
:headbang: