Summer = more hardware :D

Torniojaws

They call me Juha
May 15, 2005
Espoo, Finland
www.vortechmusic.com
Now I'm just about set equipment-wise for the upcoming Vortech gigs:

• Behringer ADA8000
  • 9 pcs of Cordial CTM 10 XLR-cable (Neutrik plugs)
  • Thon gear case
  • Radial ProRMP
  • Digitech DigiDelay
  • Behringer ECM8000
  • Rockbag Rackbag
  • Adam Hall 8755 rack adapter (for the Fireface 400)
  • Neutrik NA3 MP
  • Thomann-velcro tape
  • Mutec ADAT-cable
  • and some gaffa tape

:headbang:

kamaa_01.jpg

kamaa_02.jpg

kamaa_03.jpg

kamaa_04.jpg

kamaa_05.jpg

kamaa_06.jpg

kamaa_07.jpg

kamaa_08.jpg

kamaa_09.jpg

kamaa_10.jpg

Going to buy the floor monitor later in fall.

The plan is the same thing I pondered upon earlier:

4 mono tracks of drums (kick, snare, overhead, toms)
2 pre-recorded DI tracks (bass and backing guitar)
1 mono track of electronics/synths/effects

the reason why I still decided to use reamping live is that it provides extra monitoring for me and the vocalist, in case the venue monitors aren't up to it (or don't exist at all! until I can get the one I'm going to buy). And it's not really about reamping being a problem, since if there is a problem, it is "backing brain" related and will take down pretty much everything at once, so... living on the edge :lol: I guess I'll take a spare mp3-player for at least something, just in case.

The signal goes from the WAV source files running on Cubase/laptop -> Fireface 400 ADAT Out, and two reamp signals from line outs -> ADA8000 -> 5 balanced signals to FOH, 2 DI tracks to amplifiers

o_O

I guess I could use the ECM8000 to record some rough live recordings too :lol: Mostly it's for room measurements though :)

If you don't watch them 24/7, cables will always tangle by themselves when you're not looking ;) But yeah, the coloured Cordial stuff has some sort of powdery lubricant on them so they won't stick like flypaper though.

So the RME is attched ? what is it screwed in from the bottom?

It has two screw holes in the bottom. It's those tighter-spaced screws. If you know computers, it's the screws that you attach most hard drives and optical drives with.

The screws go to the 19" metal adapter plate you see in the picture. It's an Adam Hall 8755:
http://www.thomann.de/fi/adam_hall_8755rackablage_2he.htm

If you want to find a similar one in the US, the Fireface 400 has the screw holes placed about 115 mm, or about 4 ½ inches apart. I'm sure you can find a 19" multihole rack adapter in most a little more electronics/computer related hardware stores.

thats another thing i was wondering was how you have the RME incased?

Well the rack thing is sort of like a leather/cloth mixture luggage case with two zipper flaps at both ends. The case has a 15 mm thick wood paneling around the rack. And the whole thing has some heavy duty carrying handles. The case itself is quite heavy too: they don't say the weight, but I'd guess it's about 8 kg (17,5 lbs) empty.

http://www.thomann.de/fi/rockbag_rockbag_rackbag_rb24410b.htm

That 8 way rack!, I have it too, I used it for recording drums separatly. Had an Altera card on the PC for it which I Picked up for £25 down from £600. Bargain, Only used it once, don't know what to do with it now :(
Getting some new monitors, might make use of the jack/xlr connections on the front>back